Model Cars Magazine Forum

2008 Mustang Cobra Jet

Devilsnake98

Started this quite a while ago, got part of the way through it and didn't really like the way some things fit, so it went in the box and in the closet. Decided to get it out and just deal with the issues and finish it. Got the cobra jet decals from a seller on ebay, can't remember the seller. Used the Shelby GTH and 07 GT500 kits to make this. Used the GTH body with the GT500 rear bumper, engine, interior and details. Modified the GTH front bumper, used a 70 boss 429 hood scoop and the 1/4 window vents from a 65 GT350 from my parts stash. Mostly built OOB and not heavily detailed, only made a roll cage, rear seat delete, dash mounted gauge cluster and tach, flocked the interior, full length open headers, coil on plug covers, and removed the battery from the engine bay to simulate it being in the trunk. Nascar style slicks, front skinnies and the wheels are from my parts stash. Anyway here is some pics of the build.

08cobrajet005-vi.jpg

08cj010-vi.jpg

08cj007-vi.jpg

08cj014-vi.jpg

08cj0022-vi.jpg

020214006-vi.jpg

020214007-vi.jpg

020214008-vi.jpg

020214009-vi.jpg

020214011-vi.jpg

That's beautiful! Nice paint and decal work with this 'Stang. The subject is really interesting, too, these newer Stock or Super Stock Mustangs, Camaros or Challengers are nice cars in 1:1 too.

I have the same decals and with them I'm trying to create a 2012 Mustang Super Stocker... B)