Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'revell 1/25'.
This was intended to be a homage to a similar car a friend of mine (Lynn) once owned, but a variety of missteps resulted in what you see now…similar to the vehicle in question, but substantially different, too. It’s mostly stock except for a plethora of aftermarket decals and the shifter and rear slicks, which came from the spares box. I raised the rear end with styrene shims to better accommodate the larger slicks. The paint is all Tamiya lacquers and acrylics – TS44 Brilliant Blue for the engine, TS-42 Light Gun Metal for the exhaust headers and pipes, TS-6 Flat Black for some of the body/hood and interior, and TS-8 Italian Red for the main body and parts of the interior. Tamiya acrylics were brush painted for details. When we went crusin’, we had Boston, Van Halen, and Deep Purple cranked up on the old 8-track, thus the LPs on the back seat deck. I wasn’t about to attempt scratch building scale 8-tracks, so I figured LPs would get the point across, and even then, I had to manipulate some of the artwork to make it “readable” at 1/25 scale. Funny thing about this car – the real one, that is – it attracted tickets as if they were magnetized and it was the world’s largest - and loudest - magnet.
Here is another of my old builts: dates from 1988/89 - built from the 1988 "Skip's Fiesta" issue (probably because of the Olds Fiesta hubcaps ?) - therefore it could not be built strictly stock (wheels look like 1/24 - diameter a bit too large for my taste, stance also too high). The kit dates back to 1959, and it shows: multipliece body which needs careful and exact positioning and test-fitting of the body parts before gluing, then some filling and sanding before painting. Spray-painted from the can, trim is silver paint, rear lights transparent red (on chrome), license plates once again from the 1961 auto world sheet. The crude mechanism ("Fred Flintstone type") of the folding top gave me something to think about, but the problems could be solved with the help of cyanacrylat super-glue: to my surprise, it works quite well (needs careful handling, though), but leaves a noticeable gap in the roof. The photos are from 2005, but I still have this one in my collection. Pic of the kit (from ebay.com): Now the model - don't ask me about the name of the color (automotive lacquers from Duplicolor or Auto-K) - I cannot remember anymore...
Waiting for good weather to achieve my Scania wrecker I've started a new model. This time I'll try to detail it more. At the beginning I thought to detail the engine and the frame, but I've got some difficulties to find pics of the "plumbing" of the last one, and the few I've found show me quite a complex system. So I don't know for the frame...Maybe next time. So for the moment only "extra-plumbing" and parts were added to the original Revell Cummins NTC-475 Twin turbos. The dashboard was painted instead of using the decals on the sheet