Model Cars Magazine Forum

short fleet 59 apache bagged beater

When you tried to bend the styrene was it square tubing or square stock? I know the tubing wont hold its form but I've heated and bent the square stock and had pretty good luck. I've seen a few guys on facebook do it too.

When you tried to bend the styrene was it square tubing or square stock? I know the tubing wont hold its form but I've heated and bent the square stock and had pretty good luck. I've seen a few guys on facebook do it too.

It was stock the inside radius would bulge or flare out then by the time I sanded it out to be uniform it was to thin. I may have just not had the correct amount of heat. So I did it my way.

It's been a while since my last post due to my mechanical hell of a week ,lost the trans in my hot rod truck and then brakes on my maverick but all is well and my drivers are back to normal. now it's back to my tiny hot rods. I got some tamiya putty and grafted a trans tunnel in from a 64 chevy truck, I just hope it turns out well this is my first time using the tamiya putty. I found some eyelets that looks like little velocity stacks for my Webber carburetor.

post-8572-0-20244700-1427596020_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-08826300-1427596031_thumb.jp

Love the addition to the tuck and roll. I am taking my first stab at it on a 60 impala I am building. When you do yours do you lay the half rounds on top of a piece of styrene sheeting to back it or are you just gluing the half round together?

Looks great. Can't wait to finish painting my 1:1 so I can get back onto the work bench.

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile but back on my models at least for now.as for the tuck and roll I used corrugated plastic and sanded one side almost flat so as to not sand threw.I cut the crappie tailgate out and used one off the revell 64 and started to work on the weathering processes.

post-8572-0-80092600-1436405687_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-13953900-1436405694_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-75412200-1436405701_thumb.jp

Edited by hotrod66c10