Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Dodge D501

jdcar32

Extremely nice, beautiful build.

I've got this kit on my short list of to-do projects. I've been contemplating the Chrysler chassis swap and opening the hood like you did. How would you rate the effort to do the chassis conversion? Any fit issues or other issues to look out for? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I razor sawed the pan and frame to suit the Dodge wheel base. Mock up the chassis first to determine how much to cut, it wasnt too bad. The pan needs a little trimming and I cut the front dog house out of the Chrysler to go along with the interior tub from the same model. But if you are using the Modelhaus interior this might change. Cut and fit, cut and fit, oh and measure twice and cut once as they say. It was a challenge but I enjoyed it.

WOW! How on Earth did you open that resin up like that? I'd be scared yellow to try it.

Absolutely stellar job on this!

Please do consider coming to NNL-East with that! People will go crazy over it, and I'd like to get a couple of pictures of it.

Charlie Larkin