Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nismo Nissan R34 Ztune

Xploited

This will be the first post; I've posted on this fourm , this was a pretty simple build due to it being a transkit but hey it still turned out great. The kit is Tamiyas Nismo R34 GTR Ztune. I went with tamiya's mica red TS39 for body color .The kit included a few metal transfer decals, this was my first time using them and I thought it would be a lot harder then it was, simply peel and stick ,put 3 coats of Tamiya's TS-13 clear(this was including mist coat) , haven't got around to polishing it yet I was happy with the gloss I achived, let me hear your guys opionon and thoughts on my final product :) I also have a few more of these tuners on the way as well as a rat rod on the bench

post-15369-0-70449100-1427309208_thumb.j

post-15369-0-19288100-1427309242_thumb.j

post-15369-0-29640500-1427309258_thumb.j

post-15369-0-45195000-1427309318_thumb.j

post-15369-0-55750300-1427309376_thumb.j

post-15369-0-62522900-1427309423_thumb.j

post-15369-0-15371100-1427309818_thumb.j

I was tossed on painting the trim or Leaveing it even thought about BMF but in the end I didn't want to run the risk of getting the black running all down the side LOL(would have made me sick) and didn't think BMF would have looked right so body color it stayed, I may paint the trim down the road and re gloss.

The kit came with the metal transfer I thought it was going to be way more trouble then it was but litarly peel and stick , you may be able to get the same effect with some thin aluminum cut to whatever emblem and some white glue but would be a bit more challenegeing. I do agree this is the nicer body style of the skylines but just an opionon lol

beautiful job!! Agree, you may want to try to blackout the window trim. Have you considered using craft store acrylic paint thinned with windsheild wiper fluid? It goes on very easy, and wipes off very easy as well. I have had success using it on window trim after a clearcoat, but it is a lot easier to apply before the glass is installed. Maybe a thought for your next model. The red really pops!

The R34 was a fantastic looking car and your model really does it justice - nice work!

Another option you can consider for future window trim is to use a black magic marker. If you get one with a nice sharp tip, you can outline the windows without much risk of hitting the body (and if you do, it polishes off pretty easily)

Thanks a lot guys , I never thought of either tips for the trim but I may have to give the marker a try and see what I can make happen , I also have another R34 so the the next one I'll defianlty be doing the window trim