Model Cars Magazine Forum

Talbert Detachable Lowboy trailer Kit

I have achieved success! Got the refund from Travis. I suggest all others who have not yet done so, to persevere! Don't give up!

Glad  for you,Did you also get a reply from him along with the refund? I last inquired about a refund Monday (OCT.5) and got a very, very nasty reply.To clean up what he said( so I can print it here) he feels  what we are posting here is propaganda and we are all out to get him,Fact is I just want my money back. and put this whole miserable experience to rest.Bob

Glad  for you,Did you also get a reply from him along with the refund? I last inquired about a refund Monday (OCT.5) and got a very, very nasty reply.To clean up what he said( so I can print it here) he feels  what we are posting here is propaganda and we are all out to get him,Fact is I just want my money back. and put this whole miserable experience to rest.Bob

Bob, he actually had the nerve to be nasty to you? After ripping you off? 

I did politely point out to him that it sure would be nice if he refunded all who entrusted him with money. He was not so polite in return. He HAS been down right nasty on Facebook. But, when you scam and lie and rip people off, you can't expect them to be all sugar and spice when asking for their money back. ESPECIALLY when you intentionally ignore them for so long. All I can say is to advise everyone who hasn't received a refund to conta ct him as I did, and take the same road. Be polite but DON'T GIVE UP. AND, do it in public on Facebook. It worked for me.

And, YES, I would LOVE to see the Talbert see the light of day. I would buy at least 2 or 3. Doubtful that the master will ever find it's way back home, especially if the attitude and behavior of Travis holds true. And, no, it's not propaganda.......................it is FACT.

I would LOVE to see the Talbert see the light of day.

Looking at the number of undercuts on every piece of I-beam used to create the master, I'm a bit surprised anyone decided to take the project on. No knock against the builder, but that many undercuts is a recipe for failure when it comes time to remove the cast part from the mold. Making the trailer in three larger sections is great for strength, but it's not practical to make from a casting perspective.

I would agree with that, 100%. It's too complex to be casted in resin and achieve a realistic product , it is not a simple 2 dimensional part. Scratchbuilding this type of trailer can be done using styrene I beam, the link posted by Jim shows this.

When I first saw pictures of this trailer I thought it would be made in piece's like a kit , never thought cast in sections.Trailer's like this are not that difficult to scratch build if you have atleast two views and dimensions. Most contractors in the construction  business have a variety of  trailer's to move their equip. from job to job. Bob