Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped, Blown Rod *1 day build

mademan

Getting a few models shined up for a local contest this weekend, and seen that the Theme for one of the Classes is "Work Place/ Weathered" so I figured for fun I might aswell toss together a quick theme build.

I started at 1:00pm today, and I just finished it at 4am. Blown Hemi w/ six deuces, all greasy/ rusty and weathered, I threw a Fat Kidd re-wired distributer on it, and weathered everything out. Jimmy Flintstone chopped resin body and my first time using Dr. Krankys salt technique....... didn't come out half bad! Windshield fell inside after I put it all together, but Hey! its a hot rod so it doesn't need a windshield. To cover myself for the workplace theme part, I tossed a Rod Shop decal on the back :) so workplace and weathered are covered.

IMG_6339_zps5li98amy.jpg

IMG_6340_zpshuscx85d.jpg

IMG_6344_zpswkirxjvp.jpg

PS its NOT a rat rod...... its just and Ugly hot rod, lol

Very good, how do you find enough time to site for 15 hours. Not that I couldn't do it or would love to do it. Nice build.

I very rarely have time to build lol, but I work away for 14 days and home for 14 days. Im in the middle of moving , but it was nice to just come and go all day and do a relaxing build. I mabey have 4-5 hours into it total throughout the day, waiting for paint to dry etc.

Love the paint. ;) Back in the day they were called "Beaters" B) Basiclly ,unfinished hot rods. Gray Baskerville showed up at a national show and was turned away because he had primer still on the car. He left it on . :lol: and the rest is history. 0309sr_baskrvl_01_z.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers