Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Chrysler 300C

426-Hemi

Thanks Bill! I had totally spaced the tutorial I did on the turbo's and thought/remembered after going through and lookin' that I ought to have had brought this one back up as it was truly the whole reason for the tutorial I did on the turbo's.... That way they could be seen "used/put-into" a model and what it looks like!

Thanks for the compliment..... Was a fun build no less!

Thanks guys! Jon, I suppose..... LOL The pictures actually doesn't do it full justice! It turned out WAY better then I thought it was going too! (BUT, I'm not complainin')

Dave, believe it or not, that "cuda" hood, isn't, I made a stock hood like that way to fit it with the 'Cuda "shaker hood scoop, that I had.

See, when I built this model it was for a 50's contest, and was 3 months long...... in the model and contest your to say, your expectations of what you want the model to become. WELL, I wanted that 392 Hemi to have dual twin turbo's, and be fully "piped" as well as all the other details, BUT one I don't do very often is "lower" cars, and that was thee other expectation, to lower the car, withthat motor and NOT need to add any holes in the hood, SO, I searched out a second hood to the kit to make 2 hoods, one with it full and flat, "stock" and thee other to have a hood scoop, it also have interchangeable air cleaners too!

-I had seen a picture of a REAL "Drag Racing" 392 Hemi done up, and wanted to put something like that in a street car..... BUT could not justify a 392 Hemi in "Mopar" a muscle car..... just didn't seem right. THEN I got this '57 Chrysler 300, and it HAD a stock "392 Hemi" in it. and there my friends was my sign! -Gave me the car, I was looking for to justify that twin turbo'd 392 Hemi under the hood...... B)

But the whole outline of the car was to add that motor, LOWER the car, and NOT have/need any holes in the hood due to the lowering factor.... -ALSO theres REAL rabbit fur on the back parcel shelf! Donated to me by my Daughters pet rabbit! :rolleyes: