Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

The rims are machined aluminum from a company called Pro Trac. I don't have a web site for them but you can find everything on Ebay under Slot car accessories. Here is a link to one of the better dealers that sells a lot of cool wheels.

http://stores.ebay.com/Fast-Eddies-World-o...5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They are not as expensive as one might think. A set of fronts usually runs about $11 or $12 dollars and the rears are about $19 to $20. The beadlocks average around $6 bucks and come in different colors such as gold and anodized red.

Hey Wayne I have been looking at the ebay store and I am just wondering are all the wheels around 1/24th scale or do they vary, to quote the size from one set of wheels 1 1/16 x .300 wide, I understand the 1 1/16th but I am unsure about the .300 wide, can you explain to this metric system educated Aussie

Thanks

Mal

Hey Wayne I have been looking at the ebay store and I am just wondering are all the wheels around 1/24th scale or do they vary, to quote the size from one set of wheels 1 1/16 x .300 wide, I understand the 1 1/16th but I am unsure about the .300 wide, can you explain to this metric system educated Aussie

Thanks

Mal

Mal... .300 is In inches. where 3/8th of an inch is .325 and 1/4 inch (.250) so .300 of an inch is about 19/64ths or 7.5406MM

got it...?

heres a link to a conversion chart .

http://mdmetric.com/tech/cvtcht1.htm

That is crappy, most of these guys spent their hard earned money to build their cars for this build off, and you are quitting with less than a month left? If you start something finish it. I am glad I am glad I don't go into a lot of detail, or I would be pissed.

Edited by jones_clayton

im out its time to build for me not for competion

I Build for me and Me only if I finish it and want to take it to a show/contest then thats ok..

I used to redline at the Last Moment to finish a Model for contest.. and I relaized the fun is In BS'ing and meetiong other modelers. and exchanging Ideas and Notions..

Buying selling at swaps interests me to No end..

guy its still on just cuz i dropped out dont mean that i wont post up the poll and send my kits that i put on the line out to the winner

its still going its just im not building plus to make more sence we had a minor quake here and a book fell on my kit and smashed it badly

homies it aint over till its over

ill see if i can throw my other one together in a month and be able to show something good

WARNING it will look EXACTLY THE SAME cool ;)

Edited by evilone

guy its still on just cuz i dropped out dont mean that i wont post up the poll and send my kits that i put on the line out to the winner

its still going its just im not building plus to make more sence we had a minor quake here and a book fell on my kit and smashed it badly

homies it aint over till its over

ill see if i can throw my other one together in a month and be able to show something good

WARNING it will look EXACTLY THE SAME cool :(

Would someone be kind enough to tell me if this "build off" is still on?

I may not have been active enough to post here and there but I ams till trying to complete my project.

Thanls,

Drew C

yo bro did you read this page look at the top quote

Build Off project motor pics... This is my first attempt to build a Ross Gibson Engine.... it's the Mopar Hemi going in to a 66 Cuda. The pictures are rough - still trying to learn to do closeups!

Motor004.jpg

Motor003.jpg

When is the End Date again for the Build Off?

HERES THE DEAL

ANYONE CAN ENTER

BUT ONLY ONE CAN WIN

ANY CAR,TRUCK,WAGON,OR VAN(INCLUDING TRACTORS) CAN ENTER

THE MOST YOU CAN ENTER IS TWO(2)

YOU MUST SHOW YOUR PROJECT OR PROJECTS IN THEY'RE BOXES FIRST NO WORK DONE ON THEM AT ALL

THE ENTERING DEADLINE IS THE 25TH OF THIS MONTH

THE FINISHING DAY IS THE 25TH OF JUNE

NOW LETS KICK THIS THING OFF