Model Cars Magazine Forum

Look What I Found Accessories

It must have been my lucky day....I was nosing around at Hobby Lobby, when I stumbled onto these little knick knacks.....

Some satellite tracking device antennas or whatever they're called....A bunch of them already made up....Just need some white paint and you're done....

SAM_7612%201024x768_zpsnna1zyjf.jpg

A couple of shots to give an idea of the scale.....

SAM_7616%201024x768_zps8klxeafa.jpg

SAM_7622%201024x605_zpsdqoa4fht.jpg

And some self adhesive Baby Moons....Various sizes....A little silver paint or Alclad and you've got it....I don't have an example of how these work, just yet, but I'll snag a set of wheels pretty soon to try them out on....

SAM_7611%20941x1024_zpsyuzno9zh.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Not to be the Qualcomm button idea bubble buster, but QC hasn't used the satellite tracking style antenna in probably 5 years. Communications are now cellular based and GPS tracking is now much smaller leading to an antenna that's square with a fin on top.

They don't even have to mount them outside anymore.

Not to be the Qualcomm button idea bubble buster, but QC hasn't used the satellite tracking style antenna in probably 5 years. Communications are now cellular based and GPS tracking is now much smaller leading to an antenna that's square with a fin on top.

They don't even have to mount them outside anymore.

True but not all models are of that new a truck.