Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duty Sucks

:) You reupped dintcha? How long this time? 3yrs was MORE than enough for me. Seems like a lifetime ago. Sometimes the only thing that kept me goin was the knowledge of "just a few more days" funny how they grew into weeks, then months, BUt THEN ONE DAY...... well you know the story. Congrats Marine, Be proud!,Semper Fi! :lol::lol:

B) Jar, Oh, you ain't out brother, you jus ain't ACTIVE! Once a MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE! wait'll sh8t hits the fan, they'll come lookin fer you fastern you can say"Who, Me???" It only hurts if they say "we can't use you anymore" then toss you out like you were used up. "What ever doesn't KILL you, just makes you STRONGER!!! Semper Fi,my Bro. B):P

When I asked the Marine recruiter last week at the local art & wine festival if I could join, (and I'm a "bit" over 50), he said that he'd get me a waiver. :P

I told him that after 24 years of marraige to my wife that they couldn't find anyone that's meaner than me!! B)B)

No, she didn't see the humor in it...and he was smart enough not to comment. :blink:

Hang in there, Clay...we've got your back. ;)

Later,

Edited by Raul_Perez

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm just up the highway from yas... I'm sitting here in Summerville, S.C. (just outside of Charleston).

With all those creaks and groans in the building, you must be loving the storms that are going through right now!

What type of hauler are you looking for? I have some old models and a friend of mine is also getting ready to liquidate some of his collection since he has downsized houses and doesn't have the room for it any more.

-Scott H.

Back on duty?

Boo! ;)

Very funny..

Hey, I'm just up the highway from yas... I'm sitting here in Summerville, S.C. (just outside of Charleston).

With all those creaks and groans in the building, you must be loving the storms that are going through right now!

What type of hauler are you looking for? I have some old models and a friend of mine is also getting ready to liquidate some of his collection since he has downsized houses and doesn't have the room for it any more.

-Scott H.

I am looking for the Haulaway Semi trailer.

• 1 month later...

Hoorah Marine...........try pulling duty on a Carrier if you want some noises and plenty of 'alone' time to drive yourself batshit with! Imagine 4 hours of you, your rifle (shotgun), the rushing of the sea as you cut through it, and nothing but the glow of barely lit amber bulbs to see by. Thank you for your service and commitment to duty.......carry on smartly!

Emery,B.N (AD3, NAC) USN 1997-2001

Well the whole thing is really based on the fact that the air station split 2 graveyards down the middle. I have a little story that kinda suggests this as well.

One of the guys I work with was working with the MPs for 6 months, one of his buddys was on patrol and saw a little girl back in one of the housing additions on the side of the road. He stopped and asked her what she was doing. She was crying, saying "I want my mommy, I cant find my mommy." He picked her up and put her in the back of the car and buckled her in. When he got to the front gate he motioned for 2 of the three guys there (one being my buddy) to help him with her, and when he opned the door, there was no one there and the seat belt was still buckled in. As of now that Marine is out and looney which is understandable.