Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Guys.

I am looking at producing a range of decals inspired by the Street Rods and Street Machines from the late 60s through to the early eighties.

Not drag racing or stock car decals, just pure street and show inspired decals.

They will include the full a full range from sixties inspired lace works, to seventies murals, right through to the early eighties graphics. These are some of the images I am drawing inspiration from but I should add that mine will be all original. I have no interest in ripping off someone else's designs. I have more than enough of my own to work with.

The decals will be made to suit a full range of styles from Early Rods and Customs through to Street Machines, Pickups and Vans.

Anyway see what you think, feel free to add suggestions or post stuff that might be relevant.

Cheers !

post-8856-0-22186300-1434278984_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-05128100-1434279014_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-42715500-1434279051.jpg

post-8856-0-86819500-1434279467.jpg

post-8856-0-58224600-1434279506_thumb.jp

Thanks for that link Bill. I really like the look of the Mopars, I really like the look of the Willys too. It looks like I will have to get a get a few kits to try out my design on. As for the two Vans, at the bottom while yellow one looks a bit like a Sandman its actually an Aussie Mopar, Valiant. The blue one with the Ned Kelly bushranger "outlaw" mural is an early Holden EJ by the looks of it. I will start getting a few designs in order and post them up in the next few weeks to test the interest.

Cheers !

Hey Guys.

While I don't have a 68 Camaro kit I do a have a Revell 69 Camaro kit, I can use to test designs out on. The one below is a good example of what I would like to do minus the racing signs of course. As far as earlier designs go Harold, post up what you have in mind I am open to all suggestions, this style would suit early rods such as the Revell 30 & 32 Fords and MPC 32 Chevs, the other one would suit later customs. I just don't want to do racing decals because this is a well worn path and copyright issues are a factor.

post-8856-0-63233500-1434322004_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-57313200-1434325425_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-94082200-1434328606_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign

I'll post it here if I can I would love to see a decal set for hot rods & customs Everyone makes the for racing but for us rod guys we are left out, or have to make our own. I would like to see custom dash gauges and much smaller product decals such as Fram, Mobile, cam shaft companies etc. Most are to big to put on electric fuel pumps, windshields, dashes etc. How about Gas, Oil and Water names for the old cans that were in the trunks on 50's customs. Engine valve cover names like Cadillac, Buick, Hot Rod, Oldsmobile, etc. How about dash board gauges with flames in them. ( pretty tough to do) And pinstriping for door panels edges and or dashboards. Scale 45 rpm Records for display on your seat. (Stick the decal to .005 plastic and you got it) Hope some of this helps.

I have thought about pin striping as well along with scallops but at the moment I am focussing on getting some body decals made up. I am looking at making a couple of sets for the Revell 69 Camaro and Revell 32 Ford Kits first up. After I have done these I might move onto doing some for the Revell 40 Fords and 41 Willys, 55 Chevs and maybe the 69/70 Mustangs.