Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dupli-Color Acrylic Lacquer Clear Coat (What's up with this stuff!)

Meijer keeps it in their Automotive section. I can't speak for other stores, but mine has them on a shelf on the back wall of the store, near the end of the aisle that the motor oil and filters are in. They originally had it in the aisle with the car care products, car wash, wax, cleaners, but moved when they did a minor reset last year.

As far as price, they're on par with the parts stores for a regular price.

where can I get a color chart for Duplicolor automotive paints?

There are colors available at Amazon - categorized by auto manufacturer. Each mfr has a main page where all the colors for that mfr are, and you can click on them one at a time to see a larger picture of a can of paint and its color-matched cap. Here's GM to get you started...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00407V70G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=234G4NYWL9V8&coliid=I3LRO7FR1Q0A96&psc=1

Edited by fseva

• 4 years later...

I used Dupli-Color clearcoat on a guitar project in the Spring of 2018.  It is still not completely dry, almost 2 years later.  Rest the guitar on any fabric (including pure cotton) and it will stick to it within minutes.  This product should come with a warning!