Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone making grilles for the Moebius Fords?

Hopefully the aftermarket will step up and offer corrected resin grilles for each year...

yes..hopefully.  

Moebius' apparent success with their "good enough" approach is unlikely to bother fixing their obvious errors...

Hopefully the aftermarket will step up and offer corrected resin grilles for each year...

yes..hopefully.  

Moebius' apparent success with their "good enough" approach is unlikely to bother fixing their obvious errors...

good lord.  You don't have to troll EVERY thread about these kits.  

• 2 weeks later...

Headlight buckets are a bit large, making the outer segments of the grille a bit small.  I didn't notice it at first either, but now that it has been pointed out to me, I see it every time I look at the model.  I'll probably live with mine the way they are.  

After taking some measurements on my own 1:1 '68 and doing some surveying of available kits, I've found that the headlight doors on the revell '64/'65 chevy pickup kits are a near perfect match for frontal area and could be grafted in. There may be some gifted individual here that may want give this a try. While this issue may seem not be on the magnitude of problems with Lindbergs' '61 Chevy or Revells' Charger, this basic grill design (with variances in the horizontal bars) was the face of Ford trucks for three years and it would reflect well on Moebius to take time to amend this. Nothing this flawed would fly on any of their other subjects so I hope they seriously consider it.

mike 

• 3 weeks later...