Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 57 Del Rio

Engine is completed.

6a77dce343.jpg

c96a331252.jpg

e0ac22d655.jpg

a2f9a0751a.jpg

Lee, your engine is looking great. You have to fix the air cleaner tough. That air intake hole on it faces the inner fender, and not the hood. The way it is you may have clearence problems under the hood. Easy fix tough. 

Another detail, that you didn't show yet, but it's wrong even on the box art model. The gravel shield or splash pan behind the front bumper is not body color, it's argent (flat aluminum).

The engine on my supercharged Custom Tudor is not as detailed as yours, but the air cleaner is on the position it is on 1:1 cars.

1957 Ford Custom Tudor Inca Gold by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

The splash pan:

1957 Ford Custom Tudor by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

Lee, your engine is looking great. You have to fix the air cleaner tough. That air intake hole on it faces the inner fender, and not the hood. The way it is you may have clearence problems under the hood. Easy fix tough. 

Another detail, that you didn't show yet, but it's wrong even on the box art model. The gravel shield or splash pan behind the front bumper is not body color, it's argent (flat aluminum).

The engine on my supercharged Custom Tudor is not as detailed as yours, but the air cleaner is on the position it is on 1:1 cars.

13356588564_044579dd24_z.jpg1957 Ford Custom Tudor Inca Gold by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

The splash pan:

13703048425_36c7a1d523_z.jpg1957 Ford Custom Tudor by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

thanks for the info! It is good to know when one has it wrong.