Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette 427 Coupe

Devilsnake98

Very nice attention to detail. Looks like you're going all out to make this as accurate as possible. That being the case, you might want to fix the parking brake cables. You have them going in a big, lazy, round loop. In reality there is some tension on them, and they rum more or less straight, like in this photo..

Very nice attention to detail. Looks like you're going all out to make this as accurate as possible. That being the case, you might want to fix the parking brake cables. You have them going in a big, lazy, round loop. In reality there is some tension on them, and they rum more or less straight, like in this photo..

corvette-parking-brake-cables_zpspkzgtjd

Very cool to see this pic for reference, I was actually going off of another 1:12 scale corvette build I found on this forum. Thank you and the cables on my build will be simple to change.

Again, thank you to everyone else for the comments and following along, will have the next update soon.

Very cool to see this pic for reference, I was actually going off of another 1:12 scale corvette build I found on this forum.

Never assume that another model is correct. Your best friend when detailing a model is a Google image search, especially "for sale" listings, which generally have a lot of photos of the car, engine, interior, and chassis that make great references. That's how I found the image of the brake cables.

Never assume that another model is correct. Your best friend when detailing a model is a Google image search, especially "for sale" listings, which generally have a lot of photos of the car, engine, interior, and chassis that make great references. That's how I found the image of the brake cables.

Very true, thanks for the info.

Great work on this Ryan.  The engine looks ready for an NCRS show.

Gotta ask Harry, why the change in viewpoint? 

Why worry about fixing stuff that will never be seen on the finished model?

The bottom of this Corvette is every bit as visible as the bottom of the '65 Coronet...

Great work on this Ryan.  The engine looks ready for an NCRS show.

Gotta ask Harry, why the change in viewpoint? 

The bottom of this Corvette is every bit as visible as the bottom of the '65 Coronet...

?

I don't remember the reference to the Coronet. And I still say why fix something that won't be seen on the finished model. But these cables will be seen, so if he's going to the trouble of adding them, might as well make them right.

?

I don't remember the reference to the Coronet. And I still say why fix something that won't be seen on the finished model. But these cables will be seen, so if he's going to the trouble of adding them, might as well make them right.

Why worry about fixing stuff that will never be seen on the finished model?

Does this help refresh your memory Harry?  My point still stands, the driveline is certainly as visible (if not more so) as the parking brake cables.  In fact many kits don't even represent the cables, but they all have differentials.

Not trying to hijack your thread Ryan, keep up the very nice work on this one..

Does this help refresh your memory Harry?  My point still stands, the driveline is certainly as visible (if not more so) as the parking brake cables.  In fact many kits don't even represent the cables, but they all have differentials.

Not trying to hijack your thread Ryan, keep up the very nice work on this one..

I still don't get your point. Yes, I say why bother fixing something that can't be seen on the finished model. How that applies here, with the brake cables obviously visible on the finished model, I don't understand.

If you want to make a point, just come out and say it. Otherwise, I just don't get what you're driving at.