Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette 427 Coupe

Devilsnake98

Here is my new project I have going right now. Revell 1967 Corvette Coupe. Doing it up as the base 390 hp 427 available in 67 instead of the usual big 435 hp version, black paint with a red hood stinger and red interior. Also doing a build I usually don't do, and that's completely stock, except adding as much obvious detail as possible. I have the engine done and detailed with plug wires in the correct routing, dipstick made and installed, temp sender and wire installed, breather and PCV hoses and fuel lines installed and in the correct routing, and exhaust manifolds with just a little orange overspray.

080315 030080315 029

I also have the complete interior done, in duplicolor universal red on all panels, dullcoat applied to the dash and door panels, the natural finish of the duplicolor left on the seats to give some contrast of the shined up leather/ vinyl look. I used bright red flocking for the carpet, BMF'd all chrome accents on the seats, door panels, dash, and console. Also installed the kit gauge decals and covered them in clear enamel paint to simulate lenses, painted the steering wheel in a rust color that was close enough to the rosewood wheel that's in the real car.

080315 021

080315 023

080315 025

More in a sec.

And last for now is the chassis, all OOB with details. Painted in semi gloss black, the green colored sections are the floor boards, they are fiberglass that is gelcoated and covered in etching primer, so I used etch primer to simulate this. All components detail painted, brake lines are added where necessary( even though most cant be seen), e-brake cables were added, Wheels were detail painted, tires were sanded smooth, red line decals applied, and then dullcoated. The engine is now installed along with the entire chassis is done except the radiator and front wheel tubs. Thanks as always for looking and all comments and crits are welcome.

080315 032

080315 034

080315 033

080315 035

080315 037080315 036

Edited by Devilsnake98

Looks great! Amazing BMF work on the interior, that can't be easy. Everything is top notch, can't wait to see more.

The bmf definitely took a while, and some patients too, but well worth it.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone, it means a lot.

I'm currently cleaning up the body and getting it ready for primer. Nothing really picture worthy but will have something worth showing in a day or 2.

Not much of an update on the vette. Just finished getting the body cleaned up of imperfections and mold lines, then shot 2 coats of duplicolor filler primer on it. Gonna paint the panel lines black to help with painting, then "block" it with 1000 grit so the black goes down smooth.

20150815_104251.jpg