Model Cars Magazine Forum

Group Gremlin build guidelines and start date.

b-body fan

A little more progress on this , as I have decided to build a short track pavement stock car and by the rules I used both buckets to make a racing seat for this , and using parts trees for the roll cage , have all marker lights...door handles...wipers...rear window chrome and hinges...and name scrips removed and drilled out where the holes should be . Getting the tires and wheels together from a ASA Camaro stock car kit  :)

SDC14972.JPG

Can't go wrong with Cragar wheels and primer!!  My first car in high school was a '68 chevy II Nova that had that exact primer paint job and wheel option. Drove it that way for 3 year's before painting it black, then selling it to join the ARMY.:D

Edited by bismarck

I've started work on the interior by making a forward extension to the load bay using the rear seat backrest and front spoiler.

After some trimming it was fitted to the interior tub.

The headers have been fitted to the engine which has been test fitted to the chassis.

That seat looks like the real deal!! I found a split bench out of the amt '71 charger kit that's going in the Gremi after the deadline is met. Fits just right with a little persuasion. :D Along with a set of slapper bars, sideview mirrors, and maybe a rearview mirror. But not until AFTER the build-off is done.B)

The  clock is ticking so I figured I'd better make some progress. I was hoping this would come out better. My work schedule has been brutal this month and I've had other things going on. Anyhow, just a few details and some touch-up left and I'm going to call it done. This has been a lot of fun, I wish I could have spent more time on it. Hope you like it. Mike.

20150927_171514.jpg

20150927_173312.jpg

20150927_173333.jpg

20150927_173620.jpg