Model Cars Magazine Forum

Group Gremlin build guidelines and start date.

b-body fan

Last week I thought A.C.Norton had a fun idea. Build an out of them box Gremlin. It's a fun kit with plenty of options to build a stock, street, or strip model. The premise is keeping it simple. Only parts from the box. No wiring, hoses, or parts from other kits etc.. It is not a contest !! Just a interesting way to see what people do with it. Hot rod, rust bucket, show room original, or who knows. At present 3 people are in. Interestingly, from 3 countries.

Anybody interested please let us know. Any questions, please ask. 

Anyone not interested, please do NOT feel obligated to respond!!! 

Thanks all, Mike!

Please check A.C.Nortons post down a few for guidelines and start date. 

All are welcome to join.

Edited by b-body fan
update

ok, for those interested, we have finalized our guidelines for this gremlin build off...1-kit used as mentioned prior can be either the 75 or 76 AMT GREMLIN X issue that is currently available..2- spark plug wires added if you wish , 3- wheel / tires of the builders choice, 4- exhaust modification to dual exhaust setups for street machines,,and-5 any decals of your choice.........that's it for changes to otherwise an out of box  build. of course any paints, plastic building Evergreen and such, and BMF are the builders choices.  the start date is SEPTEMBER 1ST, and that runs the full month to OCTOBER 1ST . that allows plenty of time to buy the model, if need be, and time for completing your model. also, you can post pictures in progress within this thread, if you wish. I know many would enjoy that....ok, any other questions please contact Mike or myself,,,and lets get this GREMLIN BUILD OFF started......remember,,,stock, drag, street machine, rust bucket,anything you desire for this build......thanks to all.....the ace............:D

Edited by AC Norton
text

When's it gonna start? I'd be in on it if it started in say, the next month.

....Miles, we are running a SEPT. 1ST start date, and closing off for OCT. 1ST.....that gives everyone about 6 weeks from now. the guidelines for this build are listed above in this forum, and we would love to have you jump in with us on this.....thanks,...the ace....:D

Sounds good! Should have my kit in the next week.

....if you have just bought one, great.....if not yet, the 76 kit does have 3 colors for stock stripes, as the 75 has just red stripes....kits are identical other than for the front marker lites and grille design....the ace.....:)

PLEASE READ FOR GREMLIN BUILD OFF,,,,,,SOME MEMBERS HAVE ASKED ABOUT SEAT BELTS FOR THIS PROJECT. AS MOST FOLKS KNOW, THE KIT SUPPLIES NONE, AND THE GUIDELINES DO NOT INCLUDE AFTERMARKET, OR  SEAT BELTS BORROWED FROM ANOTHER KIT,,,,,BUT---THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IN USING BASIC BUILDING SUPPLIES, AS STATED IN THE GUIDELINES POSTING,,,THERE IS NOTHING FROM STOPPING OUR ESTEEMED MEMBERS FROM USING MASKING TAPE FOR BELTING,  AND PLASTRUCT OR EVERGREEN STRIPS TO FABRICATE BUCKLES AND SUCH OF THEIR OWN...HOPE THIS CLARIFIES THIS ASPECT....CONTACT MIKE B BODY , OR MYSELF WITH ANY OTHER INQUIRIES....WOULD LIKE AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE,,,,MORE THE MERRIER............BEST,,,THE ACE...............:D

PLEASE READ FOR GREMLIN BUILD OFF,,,,,,SOME MEMBERS HAVE ASKED ABOUT SEAT BELTS FOR THIS PROJECT. AS MOST FOLKS KNOW, THE KIT SUPPLIES NONE, AND THE GUIDELINES DO NOT INCLUDE AFTERMARKET, OR  SEAT BELTS BORROWED FROM ANOTHER KIT,,,,,BUT---THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IN USING BASIC BUILDING SUPPLIES, AS STATED IN THE GUIDELINES POSTING,,,THERE IS NOTHING FROM STOPPING OUR ESTEEMED MEMBERS FROM USING MASKING TAPE FOR BELTING,  AND PLASTRUCT OR EVERGREEN STRIPS TO FABRICATE BUCKLES AND SUCH OF THEIR OWN...HOPE THIS CLARIFIES THIS ASPECT....CONTACT MIKE B BODY , OR MYSELF WITH ANY OTHER INQUIRIES....WOULD LIKE AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE,,,,MORE THE MERRIER............BEST,,,THE ACE...............:D

The enterprising could make their straps from strips cut from the instruction sheet :)