Model Cars Magazine Forum

Group Gremlin build guidelines and start date.

b-body fan

After being away over the weekend I've put a few hours in today. The underside is finished except for the rear shock absorbers.

The interior parts have been painted and just need some detailing to finish them off.

The body is painted and decals have been applied. There was still some evidence of where the edge of the rear side windows were so I decided to use the body stripes but move them further up.  The chrome parts should stand out well against the dark blue paint.

I don't know if it will be finished by tomorrow night but it shouldn't be too far off. :)

Great looking Gaggle of Gremlins coming together here!  (Or do Gremlins "Flock"  I can never remember.:P)  It's amazing what an ancient repop of a horrible kit, and a whole bunch of imagination and creativity can yield.  I  will check back on  this thread for the final couple of days and see what else ends up being finished.  I dig all of them.

I could never get a solid start this Month.  I have been taking care of a relative, and it's been a long Summer of problems.  I spent most of this Month dealing with Doctors, Emergency Rooms, Procedures, home therapy, visiting nurses, and learning how to do more of the work myself.  There is a lot more work to be done than there was at the start of the Month,and less help.  I will try to keep the Gremlin going, but for right now, the Gremlin, the '29 Fords and everything else is going to live in a box in the garage for the winter, along with all of the tools and the bench.  I really can't paint anyways, since the airbrush and spraybooth are upstairs, and I can't get that far away any more.  I might actually be a bit more active on the boards, though, as I have to sit in the same room with her, or  she has problems.  I might as well just sit here and type my opinions on the board, if I can't actively build.  That shouldn't cause any problems!:o  Congrats to all who finished, or even came close!  

The death is in the details. I'm not sure I can make it by then either. Been a bad month. Had two more teeth pulled yesterday. Doesn't exactly inspire one to be creative!

Thanks Mike.  B) I tried to build it to look like a high school kids hot rod, built on little or no budget. I tried to keep the funky '70's paint scheme in place.:D

Thanks Ken. Yours too!! B) I didn't get the engine or exhaust done yet though... I honestly thought about gluing the hood shut to be done with it!!!:lol:

That I can understand. I declared mine finished when I didn't want to do any more to it. It has no radiator hoses (I could not work out which was which), no exhaust beyond the headers (mad max car. Who cares about exhaust?) and no shockers because one of the little buggers fell on the floor and I couldn't find it again.

My shocks are still rattling around in the box. I'll have to add those to the list of things i need to finish on this one.:lol: Now that the deadline is past, I want to make a few post build off additions. Rear shackles, split bench front seat, Hurst shifter, side mirrors, rear view mirror, slapper bars,.... yeah, I have quite a bit left to do to the little thing before i call it done.B)

My shocks are still rattling around in the box. I'll have to add those to the list of things i need to finish on this one.:lol: Now that the deadline is past, I want to make a few post build off additions. Rear shackles, split bench front seat, Hurst shifter, side mirrors, rear view mirror, slapper bars,.... yeah, I have quite a bit left to do to the little thing before i call it done.B)

Ah, we have a glutton for punishment!
At least it got me to build something for the first time in a couple of years.

Same here. I have all kinds of diferent subjects to choose from, its just finding the time and motivation to sit down and actually FINISH a project. I have several stalled projects that wouldn't take much to finish, but they sit collecting dust for lack of time or motivation...:unsure: