Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hellers 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

kpnuts

Hi all well this will be my last post on this one till at least next friday as off for the funeral in Scotland tomorrow. I broke and lost part of the steering last night so had to make a new bit gave the bottom another coat of muck and added a bit of grease also (although my art days are way behind me nowadays)(and I never could do portraits)this is supposed to be Rene from Allo Allo, he will be behind a dirty window in the dio so I may get away with it, if not there's always plan B.

I paint the base colour (the lighter of the two ) allow that to dry then screw up some cling film, then apply the darker colour and whilst still wet I dab it with the cling film till I get the look I want (turning the cling film all the time) then when dry coat with satin varnish, allow that to dry then use washes to dirty it up, hope that helps.

I agree. There's nothing boring about this model at all. You make me want one of my own. .though I do not think my skills are any match for yours. Not sure I have a big model like this in me. I sure admire your work with this one. 

I don't like building large scale kits myself, mostly because I want my builds to look natural next to each other on the shelf. Heller does make a 1/24 Traction Avant .. the 15 CV. It is a very nice kit and even has an engine! I started it but have no wip started. This one will fit on my shelf!

I often wish mine was that small( its a substantial piece of plastic, it weighs a fair bit for a plastic kit) people keep telling me I'm on the last leg now (you should see the stuff left in the box) still a fair way to go yet.