Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/10 Wooden Model

BigTallDad

It's a 1/10 scale model built entirely from wood (except for the plastic windshield). Does the wooden aspect disqualify it from this forum/site?

The kit is the Wrebbit Mercedes-Benz 500K Special Roadster, with over 500 pieces. I'd post a pic from Photo Bucket, but after the forum changes, I'm not sure how to do it(Gregg's old how-to no longer applies).

Here's an uploaded file...

The kit.JPG

Edited by BigTallDad

Ray... in PB, hover the mouse over the upper left corner of a photo and a menu pops up. Click on "Share" and a "Share the Photo" dialog box will pop up. In that box, click on the info in the "IMG"box at the lower right (one of the three choices under "Photo Links." When you click on that URL info it will turn yellow, telling you that you have copied it. Then just "paste" that info into your post here and you have posted the link to the photo. The photo will show up here in your post.

It's a 1/10 scale model built entirely from wood (except for the plastic windshield). Does the wooden aspect disqualify it from this forum/site?

The kit is the Wrebbit Mercedes-Benz 500K Special Roadster, with over 500 pieces. I'd post a pic from Photo Bucket, but after the forum changes, I'm not sure how to do it(Gregg's old how-to no longer applies).

Here's an uploaded file...

The kit.JPG

I thought the Webbit models were cardboard. 

I thought the Webbit models were cardboard. 

Nope, this one is wood. I suspect it's an out-of-production version...over 200 pages of instructions in 8 different languages. Some of the woodwork is very crude (hollowing out the bottoms of the fenders, for example) but I've got the woodworking tools (ask Harry P. about the bases I've made for him) to overcome this minor setback. 

Once again, the scale is in range, but I'm not sure the aspect of an all wood model is apropos.