Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

:blink: mmmm I know ITB's :D

how do you know it's a 87-92 GTI or Jetta? :lol::P

Ahh grasshopper, you have much to learn! You keep testing my knowledge, are you satisfied yet?

I can tell by the little bits of sheetmetal I can see in the pic. The radiator support isn't car color, it's flat black because it's a bolt on item and all of those cars have that feature. That, and the washer tank, and the power steering bottle, and..... I can keep going! ;):P

(I'm surprised you aren't wondering how I know it's a 1.8L...)

Ahh grasshopper, you have much to learn! You keep testing my knowledge, are you satisfied yet?

I can tell by the little bits of sheetmetal I can see in the pic. The radiator support isn't car color, it's flat black because it's a bolt on item and all of those cars have that feature. That, and the washer tank, and the power steering bottle, and..... I can keep going! :blink::D

(I'm surprised you aren't wondering how I know it's a 1.8L...)

:o :o

ok.......show me! how you know it's a 1.8

allard-scirocco-3.jpg

This is some freak Brit concoction. It looks like the 3cyl turbo diesel from the Lupo and Polo installed in a Mk2 Scirocco!!! ;) ;)

(It looks lost in there!)

getsizedimageashx.jpg

This is another British creation. It's a Mk3 Jetta (Vento over there) with a 24 valve VR6 running more ITB's! ;):lol::blink:

and this

VW_enginetrans2.jpg

I'm not sure about this one.... I can tell it's supposed to mid mounted, so that seems to rule out any German metal. Is it Italian?