Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

Nice one.. ;)

a little harder

reallynow.jpg

Yeah it is...

I kind of have this much figured out.

Probably not to much later than early nineties with the promenent wheel arches, Probably earlier even with the very high side molding. The ground effects look Fordish.

So we have an 80ish coupe with a small engine because of the 4 lugs. Maybe as big as a V6.

Hummm what has that wierd body line that follows up around the rear arch? maybe like a EXP.

Yeah it is...

I kind of have this much figured out.

Probably not to much later than early nineties with the promenent wheel arches, Probably earlier even with the very high side molding. The ground effects look Fordish.

So we have an 80ish coupe with a small engine because of the 4 lugs. Maybe as big as a V6.

Hummm what has that wierd body line that follows up around the rear arch? maybe like a EXP.

your on the right track ;)

Nice one.. :P

a little harder

reallynow.jpg

I don't think you're gonna find an angle of a Scirocco that I don't know.....

So that being said, it's a 86-92 Scirocco with ATS 01 alloy wheels in what appears to be 15x7J fitment wearing Toyo tires in 195/50R15 size.... :P

:lol:

So that being said, it's a 86-92 Scirocco with ATS 01 alloy wheels in what appears to be 15x7J fitment wearing Toyo tires in 195/50R15 size.... :D

;)

Dang, why didn't I think of that... I first thought GTI, although I think it would be second gen 82-89? At least in the States.

Edited by CAL

So that being said, it's a 86-92 Scirocco with ATS 01 alloy wheels in what appears to be 15x7J fitment wearing Toyo tires in 195/50R15 size.... :lol:

:lol:

:lol: oh ok, well now I know that :lol: good job Dub! :lol:

0jpg.jpg

Chris, you nailed it! :wub:

Jay is that a KIA or Hyundai? :wub:

Not sure about the custom or concept.....

I think it's Chinese, Brilliance or something. They have about 50 car companies that make clones of everything. They have been and continue to be sued left and right for cloning everything from Jeep, down to the Jeep badges, to Mercedes, BMW, and Smart Cars. On top of that they are junk, and typically fail miserably in crash test, even the big Mercedes like sedans fail.

And just think the wave of new Chinese junk is nearly upon us.

Edited by CAL

I think it's Chinese, Brilliance or something. They have about 50 car companies that make clones of everything. They have been and continue to be sued left and right for cloning everything from Jeep, down to the Jeep badges, to Mercedes, BMW, and Smart Cars. On top of that they are junk, and typically fail miserably in crash test, even the big Mercedes like sedans fail.

And just think the wave of new Chinese junk is nearly upon us.

Just because a few asian companies can build incredible cars doesn't mean all of them can! :wub:

ahh I did see pictures of that Jay, the first one is a 55 Mercury D-528, it was a prototype and was an experiment basically, had an all fiberglass body and a prototype Y block motor XY-3

the second is a 1962 Ford/Mercury Cougar concept, I like the back of these :wub:

Chris it is a KIA Opirus/Amanti in america, has a 3.5LV6, weird and ugly name and so is the car but yes it is

Edited by Nick F40

Just because a few asian companies can build incredible cars doesn't mean all of them can! :rolleyes:

ahh I did see pictures of that Jay, the first one is a 55 Mercury D-528, it was a prototype and was an experiment basically, had an all fiberglass body and a prototype Y block motor XY-3

the second is a 1962 Ford/Mercury Cougar concept, I like the back of these :rolleyes:

Chris it is a KIA Opirus/Amanti in america, has a 3.5LV6, weird and ugly name and so is the car but yes it is

Well I'll be dipped, weird and ugly grill too. EEEKKS :blink:

Actaully Kia's aren't too bad, but that is hidious.