Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

Some of those Caterham's are fenderless, but I guess yeah, it depends on which state. Besides some didn't even have them to begin with. ;)

CAL, I think racing is different! :lol:;)

these too

CAL's Vette is still up

How do you know it's a vette? :rolleyes:

Some of those Caterham's are fenderless, but I guess yeah, it depends on which state. Besides some didn't even have them to begin with. :blink:

CAL, I think racing is different! :rolleyes::lol:

these too

yup, got it, it's a 63 though but you got the specs right! ;)

blueeng.jpg

try car to ;)

CAL's Vette is still up

:blink:

topsecret.jpg

That black one is the 2010 C7 mid engine Corvette protptype. 'Sposed to be de veloping a road car and a le mans racer. Suspicious. I like the transformers version better.

Actually the 2010 C7 Mid-engine prototype doen't look anything like this. In fact, that car is pure speculation at this point and there has been some artist renderings, but nothing concrete, approved, comitted to, or prototyped yet.

Ok, so I found that exact picture, and it says its a 2010 C7 proto. I mean, if the 'net says its so, it MUST be true! :blink: How tbout 2007-08 Corvette mid engine proto?

I found 3 2010 C7 protos photos and they were all different.

This is the last actual mid engine Corvette prototype.

1990_Chevrolet_CorvetteCERVIIIConcept2.jpg

I found 3 2010 C7 protos photos and they were all different.

This is the last actual mid engine Corvette prototype.

1990_Chevrolet_CorvetteCERVIIIConcept2.jpg

HEY! I saw that picture, that's a mid-engined Corvette III Prototype concept! :blink::lol:

Edited by Nick F40

OK, I give up. There's a guy on StreetFire.net claiming he photochopped a regular ZO6 ino the mid engine one and has transiton pics to show. I'm now moving on to that open wheel thing. Yikes!

That could be.

Yeah, I am not sure on that open wheel thing. Alex drove everything ###### near.

I am thinking it may have been Pikes Peak hill climb open wheel class.

Carrera PanAM?

Edited by CAL

wrong rat rods dont have fenders and they are street legal

well that is not entirely true.

There is federal laws requiring fenders.

It is an SAE requirment.

MOST states have laws requiring fenders.

SOME states have exemptions for street rods.

That could be.

Yeah, I am not sure on that open wheel thing. Alex drove everything ###### near.

I am thinking it may have been Pikes Peak hill climb open wheel class.

Carrera PanAM?

what about the Carrera PanAm?? :lol: I dunno, this certainly looks like something that would compete, it doesn't have enough tupperware for Pikes Peak! :D

Edited by Nick F40

what about the Carrera PanAm?? :lol: I dunno, this certainly looks like something that would compete, it doesn't have enough tupperware for Pikes Peak! :D

Alex was racing Pikes Peak before there was Tupperware.

That could be another possiblity. He drove something similar in the Carrera PanAM race.

And yes that is were Porsche got the Carrera name from, they dominated the small CC class for a good number of years.

Alex was racing Pikes Peak before there was Tupperware.

That could be another possiblity. He drove something similar in the Carrera PanAM race.

And yes that is were Porsche got the Carrera name from, they dominated the small CC class for a good number of years.

That's what I'm sayin, I think it did run in the La Carrera Panamericana because it certainly does look it...not sure who this Alex guy is... :lol:

Sweet, I figured that about the Carrera, I guess that's where they got the Panamera too, the new one, had to think about it a sec but thanks for the refresher....really I mean that! :D

Edited by Nick F40

Guest zebm1

OK Guys, Close enuff. The First pic in the previous post is called the Cecil Funk Special built in 1956 with a 312 Ford motor. This one is the 2nd version, aluminum body and frame with a 283 Chubby Corvette motor....

DSC00813.jpg

Both cars were for racing in the "Unlimited Class" in the Carrera Panamericana Road Race.

As to Ak Miller, he had Hot Rod Magazine sponsorship of this Bad-arse Hot Rod , called "El Caballo de Hierro" - The Iron Horse for the 1954 Road Race. The Caballo ran an Olds V8, ’50 Ford chassis, Model T body and a stout Lincoln rear end.

ElCaballo.jpg

Yay, so Chris and I were right on the La Carrera Panamericana part! :P:lol:

Chris's mid engine "thing" is still up as so is this

What is that a different Ferrari?

Yeah, that's all my mid engine is, a "Thing".