Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

Yeah, just like theese:

star329.jpg

77olds21493-A.jpg

In 1976, the Cutlass was broken down in these models,Cutlass S, Cutlass Supreme, Cutlass Supreme Cruiser, Cutlass Vista Cruiser,Cutlass Supreme Brougham, and Cutlass Salon. Coupes weren't mentioned in the actual name but were the formal style roof line that you show. Cutlass S models had the sloped grille and included the 442, The rest had stand up vertical grilles. Hardtops were of the sloped or semi-fastback style. 1977 models were the same names. In 78, the body was downsized

In 1976, the Cutlass was broken down in these models,Cutlass S, Cutlass Supreme, Cutlass Supreme Cruiser, Cutlass Vista Cruiser,Cutlass Supreme Brougham, and Cutlass Salon. Coupes weren't mentioned in the actual name but were the formal style roof line that you show. Cutlass S models had the sloped grille and included the 442, The rest had stand up vertical grilles. Hardtops were of the sloped or semi-fastback style. 1977 models were the same names. In 78, the body was downsized

Oh, thank you!

Now i'm gonna go hide,, over here....

It looks too good to be French. Can't be.

yeah, that's what I was thinking but it is! ;)

There weren't that many French car companies in the thirties. Citroen?

ehhh think! ;)

Gregg got the year! ;)

Edited by Nick F40

There weren't that many French car companies in the thirties. Citroen?

There were many, many companies at that time. Aside from the big French 3 of Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault you had Talbot, Delage, Delahaye, Bugatti, Panhard(one of the oldest), French Fords and dozens of very small specialty builders like Hispano-Suiza, Rosengart, and on and on. I am just doing this from memory so it is quite incomplete. Most auto manufacturing nations had a similar variety of makes.

Andy

Right Andy, I am just befuddled by the car posted because of the side view pic. I wish I had a front view. You are correct in the cars you named but also Matford (another Ford), SIMCA, The earlier ones I named and many more. But I'm going to take another stab at it......Hotchkiss!