Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

Oh you son of a *****....

How can you yankees know about theese????

hey I love European Fords, they have better cars and engines then the US ones :D

Nahhhh...Davrian! :)

An easy one for you as it's the weekend:

pic1.jpg

ahhh good one and no not sure on that one :lol:

Prolly 69-70 bug done in a Baja racer style with Empi exhaust with SuperTrapp baffles

1973 or later due to the vent hole behind the quarter windows and the gas flap door opening from the outside and not with the remote cable in the glove box. Its hard to put it further b/c theres not much left to it other than the body that cant be swapped real easy.

That was one very sanitary BMW 2002. I have seen that particular one in person and I can tell you it is spotless!!! :lol:

you know what Dub you suck :lol: I thought you didn't know much about BMW's :lol:

Oh yes so have I, obviously, and the movie does NOTHING for how amazing it sounds M POWER :lol:. I have some engine shots somewhere but I didn't take any at the hillclimb, couldn't catch the guy in time.

1973 or later due to the vent hole behind the quarter windows and the gas flap door opening from the outside and not with the remote cable in the glove box. Its hard to put it further b/c theres not much left to it other than the body that cant be swapped real easy.

thanks! :lol:

ok Dub, try this

YEAH SON!

th_MVI_9795.jpg

th_MVI_9796.jpg

Edited by Nick F40

Looked like a Bugeye Sprite. Not too much to see though....

Although, with the name of the video being "Best Car There", and you being the son of an owner of a Bugeye Sprite, then I suppose my guess was spot on? ;) (Geez, I sound like Sherlock freakin' Holmes! :lol: )

Although, with the name of the video being "Best Car There", and you being the son of an owner of a Bugeye Sprite, then I suppose my guess was spot on? :lol: (Geez, I sound like Sherlock freakin' Holmes! :P )

definately a Bugeye you can stop the clip and get a pretty good look at it passing by.

Go the Austin Sprite! Although most of us are aware of these car's pedigree in circuit, rally and sprint racing across the world for the last 40+ years there was one prominent Sprite that used to race in various drag classes with a 2.0L Nissan FJ20 turbo engine down here. It really was well before its time here in Australia. The car pretty much pre-dated most if not all of the 'high-tech' turbo cars of say the last 10 - 12 years. Check it out:

http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/drwatson/

Chris, good eye, but it was somewhat of a joke, I HAVE MORE!!!!

Although, with the name of the video being "Best Car There", and you being the son of an owner of a Bugeye Sprite, then I suppose my guess was spot on? :( (Geez, I sound like Sherlock freakin' Holmes! :blink: )

aaahahaharollinglaugh.gif

now I was crackin up!

hey it was special..........perfect colors, and it had the 948cc, none of this 1275 ######!

Go the Austin Sprite! Although most of us are aware of these car's pedigree in circuit, rally and sprint racing across the world for the last 40+ years there was one prominent Sprite that used to race in various drag classes with a 2.0L Nissan FJ20 turbo engine down here. It really was well before its time here in Australia. The car pretty much pre-dated most if not all of the 'high-tech' turbo cars of say the last 10 - 12 years. Check it out:

http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/drwatson/

Spridget ;) a later Sprite, cool because of the different looks, but that is SWWWEEEET!

they were amazing in all of those!

with a Nissan motor, psssshh! ;)

you Aussies!! :o

try this, I want specifics

2252525.jpg

Edited by Nick F40

heeey you got a good eye!

You didn't say the Hella's and the light conversion buuut.....

Nice Sherlock! B)

Since you mentioned the Hellas, I want to tell you I would NEVER hang a set of those Hellas under the bumper on any lowered car. Those particular lights are the Black Magic set and IIRC, cost $300-400!!! Only on top of the bumper! They would get damaged soooo easily that low.

Oh, it's actually a Mk2 Golf, Mike. I've got two of 'em, and I love 'em!

edit: Nick, do you actually find labeled pics or are you guessing again? ;)

Edited by dub

Since you mentioned the Hellas, I want to tell you I would NEVER hang a set of those Hellas under the bumper on any lowered car. Those particular lights are the Black Magic set and IIRC, cost $300-400!!! Only on top of the bumper! They would get damaged soooo easily that low.

Oh, it's actually a Mk2 Golf, Mike. I've got two of 'em, and I love 'em!

edit: Nick, do you actually find labeled pics or are you guessing again? ;)

Man, expensive but cool but by the looks of the car, I think he has the money! B)

Yeah, very cool ones, but they don't have roundy headlights ;)

That is what the pic said, MKI Golf but I figured it was a II but the shape.. :blink: see I'm learnin! :lol:

Chris, good eye, but it was somewhat of a joke, I HAVE MORE!!!!

aaahahaharollinglaugh.gif

now I was crackin up!

hey it was special..........perfect colors, and it had the 948cc, none of this 1275 ######!

Spridget ;) a later Sprite, cool because of the different looks, but that is SWWWEEEET!

they were amazing in all of those!

with a Nissan motor, psssshh! B)

you Aussies!! :lol:

try this, I want specifics

2252525.jpg

I am pretty sure we already had this exact car before.