Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

ZREALLY.jpg

That is a MkI Scirocco. The motor could be a 1.8L or a 2.0L running a 1.8 SOHC head and a pair of, I believe Solex, sidedrafts(:D). That guy has about a weekend of work to get that thing to run. Seeing the strut tops are camber plates, he plans to drive that car! I can also see the B/U light switch, which leads me to believe he is probably using the same gearbox I am.(Do you remember how close those gears are, Nick? :angry: ) Lots 'o fun!

Brenden, it's nice to see ya! ;)

No Chris, it's not a steam roller :rolleyes:

ZREALLY.jpg

That is a MkI Scirocco. The motor could be a 1.8L or a 2.0L running a 1.8 SOHC head and a pair of, I believe Solex, sidedrafts(:D). That guy has about a weekend of work to get that thing to run. Seeing the strut tops are camber plates, he plans to drive that car! I can also see the B/U light switch, which leads me to believe he is probably using the same gearbox I am.(Do you remember how close those gears are, Nick? B) ) Lots 'o fun!

:lol: Not exactly but yeah lots 'o fun! Great info. Well, this guy does run it because it's a Berg Scirocco :D What's a B/U light switch :huh: What gearbox...

I wasn't sure on the car or even the engine, I just saw it and figured one of you would get it.

B/U=Back Up light switch.

I can tell that it was a runner that was just apart because the header is really rusty. The fact that it's a Berg Cup car explains a lot. Battery relocated with an electrical junction panel typical of a race car in place of it. This one is lacking a few vital things to run such as (obviously) a radiator and hoses, plug wires, and throttle cable. I also think that trans probably has the same 1-5 gear set with an even shorter final drive than me, just a hunch B) . Good one!

What is that? :lol:

:lol::D What makes it German? :lol: I guess i'll give you that, the cat isn't a Capri though.

Well it wasn't a US built Capri. It was one of the few Euro built cars that made its way back to the states.

Edited by CAL

German build Mercury (not Ford) Capri. Mercury's Mustang counterpart. I think the cat was the Mercury's trademark Cougar.

Nope,

The Ford Capri coupe, produced by Ford Europe from 1969 to 1986. Completely different than any Mustangs.

Edited by CAL