Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

we car strike Nicks off the list. Yeah, but they were not the only ones who tried.

a nameless Cosworth 4WD F1 car, but dubbed the ugliest car in F1.

:P Yessy! A Cossy! :wacko: and pretty ###### ugly!

Jaffa that is......SIIIIICK!!! :blink:

:P OOOOOO,Pretty..... Sam,wasn't that decided to be some furrin jap copy of the Airflow?I thought someone said it was a repro from the 30's?, But wot do I know,I'm too happy to care. :P:P:P

HEY!!! :wacko:

Thank you Sam! :blink::wacko:

So, as I sit back and watch, drinkin my Ginger Ale, and seeing Dub having the picture of ambition calling it off like he really did KNOW it and wanting to go on like these are easy and the next one I post he'll get, NO IT AIN'T A VW! :wacko::P are we caught up? :wacko::P

Zeb, your still having spastic epileptic picture seizures huh? :wacko:

Guest zebm1

I knew that if I put that Land Speed record Holder up....

AamonumentUDO-2.jpg

that it would just be a short matter of time.....

BUT.....

Thisun ain't gonna be near as easy.....

art-7-03.jpg

Have at it Dub......

Edited by zebm1

I knew that if I put that Land Speed record Holder up....

AamonumentUDO-2.jpg

that it would just be a short matter of time.....

BUT.....

Thisun ain't gonna be near as easy.....

art-7-03.jpg

Have at it Dub......

Chitty Chitty bang bang, oh! wait... Alldays & Onions... man what a name for a car.

Edited by CAL

Guest zebm1
how bout some thing a bit more abnormal... :D

notell.jpg

Tha doors gave it away Cal.....only car that ever had slide-away doors.

and nope, not a Minerva

Hint #1: Common name.

I'm really likin' "Freak Show". So much cooler than the list of cannibalized victims would lead you to expect. I'd like to see it in different colors, anything but pink and green.

If you think zeb is spazzin' now, don't even mention southern cooking. Yes, it was the beach pic and rocket car reference that clued me in, after a bunch of the worst hints ever! I think the last beach run for that car ended in a crash, didn't it?

We still need to have bisquitbuilders streamliner from post 813 IDed.

Edited by samdiego

Guest zebm1

Actually Sam, that is tha original car @ Ormond Beach, FL in 2006 driven by a Great-granddaughter of one of the Stanley twins.

beach-rocket2.jpg

This is the Great-grandson of the LSR record holder......

beach-rocket.jpg

Hint #2 of my Blue UDO.....Builder is still in business........

:D Sam, Iwent back to post 813 And it was answerd by YOU! It was a36 ToeotaAA rebuilt around the 1980's.Driven by a rottisary moter.SEE Zeb is makin us ALL crazy. Hey, Where's Nick? I hope he din't quit on us because Zeb's pullin these old cars out that were built before we all were born?( except maybe his ol self!) :(:rolleyes:

Oh No!!, those Jedi mind tricks won't work on me! Nick threw up the Toyota "Airflow" in #799, I aswered in #800. Then in #813 Art/ Bisquitbuilder gave us another car that resembles the airflow and quoted #800. Yep, like a steel trap.

:( Jeeeze,Zeb, It's actually got closed fenders.I don't know what it is, But it sure looks like a G.M. concept somethin based ona C2 corvette.Thanks for commin into the 50's at least! Funny in your pic with your brother, you DON'T LOOK as old as Methusala! :rolleyes::D:D

Guest zebm1

It's in tha jeans george....ahhh er genes....on both sides of my family I have that long-lived gene....Dad's side-his G-ma 101 years, Mom's side - her G-pa 102, her Mom - 98 years.....me I'll be 60 next January. My bro, Bearbutt looks older than I do and he's 3 years younger......

Oh No!!, those Jedi mind tricks won't work on me! Nick threw up the Toyota "Airflow" in #799, I aswered in #800. Then in #813 Art/ Bisquitbuilder gave us another car that resembles the airflow and quoted #800. Yep, like a steel trap.

So, does anyone ID the "Airflowish" looking car that I put up? Hmmmm?

Biscuitbuilder

Guest zebm1
You said "Airflowish"??? And this car is.....?

1934Bendixconceptcar-vi.jpg

(It may not be what you think it is!)

Biscuitbuilder1

Do you mean this THANG Art?

OK Art, Is that a 1935 Desoto Airflow 2 Dr. Coupe?

Edited by zebm1

Bingo!

1934 Bendix prototype. Only one was built, this is it, took this pic in the old Studebaker National Museum in South Bend.

Biscuitbuilder1

Yeah I answered that one a while back.