Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Pontiac LeMans Sedan-Calling Buford T.

DoctorLarry

Saturday was raining and I could not work outside so I decided to finish a side project that I had thought about before, a 77 LeMans 4 door sedan, popular as a police car in Smokey and the Bandit.  I took one of my resin 77 Pontiac Can Am bodies and cut it apart.  I cut the roof off the car and removed the rear window frame.  I glued on a section of an Infiniti Q45 roof and then added about 3/16" to the quarters to lengthen the wheelbase to sedan length (4" more than a sedan in 1-1). I sectioned the rear window and glued it in.  I filled in the shaker hole in the hood and ground off the rear spoiler. I just need to finish the roof off and clean it up. I might cast this one if I get some free time.

77 lemans 4 door 3.jpg

77 lemans 4 door 2.jpg

77 lemans 4 door 1.jpg

Again Larry, awesome. I just love this. My grandparents had a 76-77 Catalina I think. I don't think it was a Lemans but I do remember that it was big, blue and had 4 doors. And it was a Pontiac. That was a very long time ago and I might not remember everything about it but I do remember all of the good old family memories that went with that car.I myself had a 73 chevelle Malibu in 86 and absolutely loved that car. Just a couple of reasons why I am soooo attracted to the body style of these cars. Larry keep up the good work and as always I look forward to following this one. Thanks.  

Jeff 

• 4 years later...