Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP Revell '70 Boss 429 Update 12/26

Mustang Madness

came sooo close to buying one when I got out of the Army in 69. The 69 was still on the showroom at a Ford dealer in S. Colorado. My dad wouldn't dare sighn his name to the paperwork. He said I would kill myself if I had that car and he would be stuck paying for a pile of mashed junk.  I was back working a good job at the railroad, could easily make the payments. The price you ask?  Would you believe it was $4,859.00. On top of that the dealer was a good friend of my parents and he was willing to take off $500.00 to seal the deal.
Instead there was a well used '66 2+2 candy apple Mustang GT with 77000 miles on it...That's what my dad co-signed for. The cost of it was $2,250.00.
I cry every time I look at the model I built!   

came sooo close to buying one when I got out of the Army in 69. The 69 was still on the showroom at a Ford dealer in S. Colorado. My dad wouldn't dare sighn his name to the paperwork. He said I would kill myself if I had that car and he would be stuck paying for a pile of mashed junk.  I was back working a good job at the railroad, could easily make the payments. The price you ask?  Would you believe it was $4,859.00. On top of that the dealer was a good friend of my parents and he was willing to take off $500.00 to seal the deal.
Instead there was a well used '66 2+2 candy apple Mustang GT with 77000 miles on it...That's what my dad co-signed for. The cost of it was $2,250.00.
I cry every time I look at the model I built!   

Man...   still the '66 2+2 is a sweet ride nontheless.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: 12/26/15

I have the engine mounted in the chassis.  I also have the interior completed  and I got done applying the paint and clear coats.  Next up will be wet sanding and then I can move on.   Paint is Duplicolor Stellar Blue Pearl...  it looks almost midnight blue/black until the light hits it and then it's awesome! 

DSCN0024.JPG

DSCN0021.JPG

Boss Interior.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Mustang Madness, Nice build so far!

Cobramike, of course, you still have the '66, right? No?  That's ok............I dont have my '66, '67, or '69 'Stangs any more or my '73 GTO, though I kept her for 30 years!   Ahhhhh, 20-20 hindsight and shoulda, woulda, coulda! That's why I build models! AND, thank you for your service!

Mustang Madness, Keep the great pics a'comin'!        

Edited by redneckrigger

Mustang Madness, Nice build so far!

Cobramike, of course, you still have the '66, right? No?  That's ok............I dont have my '66, '67, or '69 'Stangs any more or my '73 GTO, though I kept her for 30 years!   Ahhhhh, 20-20 hindsight and shoulda, woulda, coulda! That's why I build models! AND, thank you for your service!

Mustang Madness, Keep the great pics a'comin'!        

Thanks Tom.