Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford Pickup

Darrell Gwinn

After seeing Kenny's build up of a '34 and watching the progress on MikeMc's '34 I just had to get one for myself! I'm taking a little different approach on this. Right now it's still in 'idea' stage but I made a quick mock up. The motor is the T-Bird motor from the kit but im using the lincoln heads, which ill have to slightly modify, from the AMT 25 ford roadster kit since I didnt want to use the one piece head and intake from the kit. Stole the carbs from an amt 36 ford and found the intake in the parts box. Then I came up for the idea of the vel. stack set up, thought it would look pretty cool and hey I think it does! Im making this a tow truck using the boom from the kit, but im not going to use the box, so the frame rails will be exposed and ill probably make some fenders for the back. I definately wanted it to be a dually but with white walls since its a hot rod tow truck, luckily i had four matching tires. the rear wheels are from the revell custom t roadster and the front wheels i had in the parts box, looks like theyre off a military truck. The frame will be Z'd in the back and possibly front, still deciding how i want to do the front suspension, but since it is a tow truck what should I do to beef up both front and rear suspension? I'm also still deciding on what to do with the cab, i may chop it or i may leave it as is. I'm just full of ideas but i can never seem to complete anything...lol

p1010004-2.jpg

p1010005-3.jpg

Edited by Dirk

I AM NOT SURE. I LIKE THE MILITARY FRONT WHEELS. I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE ON A RAT ROD AND IT WAS COOL. I ALSO THINK I HAVE SEEN IT ON A MODEL IN SOMEONES SHOWS FOLDER RECENTLY. THE DUALIES I LIKE AS WELL AS THE IDEA OF THE BOOM. NOW FOR THE TOP, I WOULD SAY 2-3 INCH CHOP MAXIMUM, NO MORE! THE INTAKE WITH STACKS, KINDA WILD. I DONT REALLY CARE FOR IT, BUT IT IS YOUR BUILD AND IT CERTAINLY WILL BE DIFFERENT! HOWEVER I WOULD SAY CHANNEL THE HECK OUT OF IT!! JODY