Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Mack Super-Liner conversion

Hi fellas.

I have a soft spot for 1/32 trucks and especially Mack trucks of any scale. I'm considering doing a 1/32 Mack Super-Liner hood conversion for the Australian version and maybe the American version. The cab on the Revell R series is vastly superior to the AMT cab but the AMT cab has a great day cab panel. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Bennyg

Howdy Benny,

I really dont know much about these Mack's - I do have the AMT hid away somewhere.  I would imagine a "day panel conversion" would be welcomed for the Revell kit as it looks like the sleeper is molded to the cab.   A 60" Able body sleeper would be really cool. There seems to be more guys over at Hanks that build 1/32 trucks and you might get more feedback .

Howdy Benny,

I really dont know much about these Mack's - I do have the AMT hid away somewhere.  I would imagine a "day panel conversion" would be welcomed for the Revell kit as it looks like the sleeper is molded to the cab.   A 60" Able body sleeper would be really cool. There seems to be more guys over at Hanks that build 1/32 trucks and you might get more feedback .

I'm not familiar with Hank's. Cheers for the response.

I Like the Idea, but would be hard pressed to join in.

You are correct in that the Monogram/Revell R does have the Sleeper cast as part of the cab

I had to fill in the rear of the cab when I bashed one with the Pumper kit from them

I removed the sleeper to use on another project.

I Like the Idea, but would be hard pressed to join in.

You are correct in that the Monogram/Revell R does have the Sleeper cast as part of the cab

I had to fill in the rear of the cab when I bashed one with the Pumper kit from them

I removed the sleeper to use on another project.

Cheers. I'm doing this for myself anyway. I definitely want to do an Australian conversion bonnet, day cab panel and maybe an Australian sleeper. Will see how it turns out. 

Ben

• 7 months later...

gHi fellas. I've made a start on this side project. Plan to cast the Mack bullet marker lights and the day cab panel to give some options for the revell Mack R series. Cheers

Ben

Edited by Bennyg

Keep the photos coming, Like it so far!

Cheers for the support. I am looking at doing an American version combining the front section of the amt cab with the he remaining Revell r series cab. Do you reckon people would like that as a possible conversion? Maybe I should mould the amt chassis without the reyco back end? 

Ben

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Creative conversion project. The only 1/32 tractor I've built was an old Monogram snap-tite kit and I militarized it.

Got a photo? I'm back working on this project since I have some time. Hopefully get the day cab panel moulded up this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...