Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 61 Pontiac

Porscheman

I watched this build and it turned out fantastic. As for side view mirrors some people may not realize that they were not required until 1966. They were optional equipment before that. New cars usually don't have license plates until they are registered, and you have MS ? Man I hope my build looks this good and I've only been told I'm nuts.   

Pretty slick. Too bad it looks like a model because it doesn't have any mirrors, inside or out. :(

I will grant you the oopsie on the interior mirror, but exterior mirrors weren't required in all states until 1967, our neighbor bought a brand new 1959 Bonneville and didn't have the dealer installed outside mirrors put on, he just couldn't bring himself to having holes drilled in the front fenders, but I remember having to buy mirrors at the parts store and drill holes in the fenders of my '56 Chevy when the law requiring a minimum of a left side mirror went into effect in 1967, between my junior and senior year of high school, that's how I kept track of it, otherwise I would have forgot the year, I'm getting older, they tell me anyway, but I refuse to grow up!!

Edited by horsepower

I did have any trouble with the wheels, but the window are another story. There isn't any sure fit on the glass and ended up screwing the outer edges with glue. There is also no holes for the muffler, so mounted the exhaust is a real pain.

Since rumors abound that there's a NASCAR release planned, that may be why there's no holes for a muffler, just another hole we won't have to worry about filling in for the race car version.

That's the story I'm going to run with anyway,?