Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '29 Roadster

Petetrucker07

Here is my take on this awesome kit. I'll definitely be buying a few more. Parts fit is very nice, the body was awesome, just light scuffing and a wash before paint. 

It is mostly box stock, except for the Detail Master distributor kit ( first time doing one of those). The interior is completely flocked, the floor was painted with Testors gunmetal, then the grey flock layer on, the seat and door panels were painted Testors gunship grey then flocked. This gave the floor a dark grey color and rest a lighter grey. The paint is all Duplicolor, the body was cleared with Tamiya Pearl Clear. The decals are a mix of kit and Goffer decals. I did lay the windshield back and removed the top of frame. I had to make a new windshield out of clear plastic. Something reacted with the windshield and bag. I did do the channeled version of this. Not perfect but, it looks good to me.

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention I started this Saturday morning and finished it this morning. I couldn't leave it alone. Once I started it, it told me to finish it now. So I did.

The windshield I'm really happy with. The new windshield looks better, more to scale I think.

The colors were kinda by accident. The green always was in the plans, but the white happened by accident. I wanted it to be black, but I set the raw white styrene body on the "rolling" chassis and said, no more black, white it is. I'm happy with my change. 

Thanks again.

Edited by Petetrucker07

With today's LED technology, you nessecarilly have to have red lights.

I give you points for using colors that you don't see every day on cars like this. Definitely some "outside the box" thinking going on there. But you need to get some transparent red and paint those taillight lenses!