Model Cars Magazine Forum

Woddington Does A Magnum

Lyle Willits

No, I don't really crank out models in 2 weeks. I started this one about 10 months ago with the intention of duplicating my 1:1 Magnum plain jane 6-banger. I realized that the real car would be gone long before I ever modified and scratchbuilt everything. So, after filling the sun roof and changing the front end to the base model Magnum, I took it over to Lloyd Woddington's shop and turned him loose on it.

He dropped it down and put on some BIG wheels,painted it Krylon copper with lots of clear, added road lights and added flames. The flames look suspiciously like the decals that come in the Revell '32 Roadster kit - maybe somewhat modified.

Nah,,,,Woddington almost never uses decals.

005-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

Very nice, Lyle!! What's pushing all that rubber along? (I can't tell from the angle if the plate says "HOTHEMI" or "NOTHEMI"). :unsure:

It says HOTHEMI,,,,,,,,,,my 1:1 is a "not hemi" ;)

MIKE - I have no idea where those wheels come from. They were given to me by a club member.

• 2 weeks later...
It says HOTHEMI,,,,,,,,,,my 1:1 is a "not hemi" :lol:

MIKE - I have no idea where those wheels come from. They were given to me by a club member.

Very cool car!

I think those are the wheels from the Boyd Coddington American Hotrod 57 Chevy kit.