Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Roadrunner WIP Updated Pictures 01/18

drodg

I am hoping to get my 68 Roadrunner wrapped up this week.  I have added Keith Mark's decals for the rear panel and blacked out the hood.  I am experimenting with a 1/64" tape stripe and I have added rocker moldings to the car.  I am pretty close to finishing. The paint is MCW Avocado green.  I am done with the grill but not totally happy with it and that is probably the weakest part of the kit in my opinion.  I have basically drilled out most of the headlights and added lenses from an AMT 71 Charger kit.  It looks better but I am not exactly thrilled with it.  Anyhow I hope to wrap it up in the next week depending on my work schedule.  

68 Roadrunner 1.jpg

roadrunner 5.jpg

roadrunner 4.jpg

roadrunner 3.jpg

I saw a 1:1 car online that looked good so I thought I would replicate it.  The RR is going together pretty well and it has been a pretty fun build.  I have kind of struggled with the paint with orange peel but I think my airbrush was laying the paint on too dry etc.  I have spent a little bit of time sanding and sanding and sanding...  Lol.   When I finish it I will use a camera not my phone to take some pictures "Under Glass"   thanks everyone.

This is looking real nice. Like the color choices you have made and look forward to more updates. Also just wondering on the rear of the trunk did you do the trim work or is it supplied in the kit? Just curious as I'm building one that was manufactured in 1989 and doesn't even have the decals for the roadrunner just custom stripes. Also how is the rear chrome trim around the rear screen as mine is practically non existent.