Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Shelby Cobra

jrherald420

Great job on a beautiful car James! Really looks good. What color/paint did you use?

The paint is Tamiya Mica blue ( about 6 coats) with Tamiya clear and Tamyia fine white primer.

Beautiful job. I have to redo mine and the windshield frame is broken. Yours gives me an idea. Mind sharing how you did it?

The kit comes with the racing style windshield. Here is the kit i used,  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISB-REVELL-SHELBY-COBRA-427-S-C-MODEL-KIT-85-2828-/201500921589?hash=item2eea640ef5:g:yIYAAOSwT~9WjBYz

Awesome looking build! Paint is flawless, are the stripes painted as well? The more I see cobras popping up, the more I want to get one and build it. Great job man!

Thanks but the paint is far from flawless, i had a problem with the blue pulling away from the door and trunk edges when i clear coated it. I let the 6 coats dry for close to 3 weeks, best guess is i piled the first coat of clear on to thick and it reactivated the blue and it just pulled away from the edges.  The stripes are the kit decals, they went on very nice seeing how they are printed by Cartograph. They still take a good amount of Microsol and heat from the hairdryer to get them to lay down.