Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari California 1:24 Revell, Hobby Desing

karambolis8

Hello.

This is my first topic, and my first 1/24 car scale model.

Kit is well knonw Revell Ferrari California Open Top. I'm going to use some photoetched parts from Hobby Design. Currently I have body painted with base colour and severall layers of Gunze GX100 clear. Base paint is blue metallic from VW palette. This is some sentiment from my first real car. I had VW Passat in this colour some time ago ;) On pictures You can see wheels in gloss black primer. For some time I was thinking about leavig them in this colour, but finally decided to paint them white alumimium from Alclad. Brakes colour is just fitting. Still not decided yet.

Here are target interior colours: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/05/32-2013-ferrari-california-fd.jpg

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I've done some polishing. I've made from sponge something like polishing disc to my Proxxon drill and tried to achieve some high shine with red, blue and white Tamiya compounds. Next time I won't use red one, because in some places I've rubbed to plastic.

I've dry fitted Hobby Design photoetched brake discs. It doesn't look bad for me. I'll put on callipers last layer of yellow gloss and burnish brake discs with sandpaper. I had put some chrome on nuts, but not sure if this is visible at all.

Cheers,
Adam

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

Some regress-progress today. I'm preparing body to paining. Some places needed filling and sanding.

I've polished brake disks with rough sanding stick and mini-drill. Before polishing on the left, and after on the right. I think it gives more realistic look.

Cheers
Adam

Looking great so far...that sucks you had to re-do the paint, I couldn't even tell there were problems in the pictures, but if you're like me it'd have bothered you knowing there were issues. I almost like the black wheels better, but then again, I almost always do.