Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Casting Questions

I will probably never get into casting resin bodies but I was curious where they seperate the mold when making a car body. Is it longitudinally and split from the left side and right side or is it the upper half split from the bottom half. Is there a website that shows doing a model car body?I found some websites showing how to do small items like gears and small figures. I just can't seem to figure how they get the finished model car resin body out of the mold? Just wondering?

Hello. If I can get your email addy. Another resin caster sent me a good tutorial about casting bodies and I could forward it to you. Thanks. Jody

Jody,

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of that. I do mostly small parts like my engines and I doubt I'll ever get into anything as large as a body but it might have some useful info for me. If you can please send it to me at:

kitchen_table_resins@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ken

Jody,

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of that. I do mostly small parts like my engines and I doubt I'll ever get into anything as large as a body but it might have some useful info for me. If you can please send it to me at:

kitchen_table_resins@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ken

please send to me too moor979@charter.net thanks

Hello. If I can get your email addy. Another resin caster sent me a good tutorial about casting bodies and I could forward it to you. Thanks. Jody

hey, me too please. what kind of monster have you created ? randx0@yahoo.com