Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Cevy Redux

slownlow

I'm redoing a 51 Chevy that was done several years ago. Originally I built it to represent the daily driver WIPs that abounded when I was a kid. Now the intent is to finish it. So far fender skirts have been added but I'm not fond of the way they fit so the panel line has been filled so they appear to be part of the fender. The tube grill from the 48 Ford kit has been fitted and a custom rear bumper fabricated. Next up will be the front bumper. I'de like to ad Dagmars to it but we'll have to see how it works out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a little history on what was done before. The top was chopped but shortened to give a more coupish look. The interior tub was shortened the same amount making the area between the trunk and the rear window longer. The trunk was pancaked softening the hump and making the fenders more prominent. The body was channeled so the front inner fender wells were sectioned, the fire wall and radiator shortend, and a scoop for the carb breathers fabricated from a false fingernail.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind comments. I've been pecking away. I decided to wire the engine but the firing order is probably wrong, I'm pretty sure the battery is wired with - ground though. Got the front bumper in Alcad. The pins showing are just alignment devices and will be hidden when done. The Dagmars still need some attention (see earlier pic). To me they need more bulk and after the headlights are in they may be too much, we'll see. At this point I'm liking the Sombreros but flippers are in the running.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...