Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lowrider Builds

Well bro let me start off by saying your intentions are good. But that’s the problem we don’t need a place that just singles out low riders. You are just setting your self up for disappointment again. We already have places like general, on the workbench and under glass. You don’t see an other place on here that say hot rods only nor customs only most of them are for all types of vehicles. What you really got to do is just build what you love building and don’t worry about what other people think or don’t think. That’s all irrelevant. Just post up what you got in your own topic if they reply they reply in not just keep on building. I never cared what other people thought or said about my builds if I did I would have given up the hobby years ago.

Sincerely

Mr. Anthony Rios.

here it is bros and its all to save face

Kevin,

Thanks for the apology that you posted on one of the other threads. Now it's time for us to move on and get back to building. Period.

Well bro let me start off by saying your intentions are good. But that's the problem we don't need a place that just singles out low riders. You are just setting your self up for disappointment again. We already have places like general, on the workbench and under glass. You don't see an other place on here that say hot rods only nor customs only most of them are for all types of vehicles. What you really got to do is just build what you love building and don't worry about what other people think or don't think. That's all irrelevant. Just post up what you got in your own topic if they reply they reply in not just keep on building. I never cared what other people thought or said about my builds if I did I would have given up the hobby years ago.

Sincerely

Mr. Anthony Rios.

Anthony,

I've seen several of your builds at the various model shows and contests. While I don't always like the subject matter that you chose to build, [personal preference/opinion], I've always been impressed with your skills and the finished results of your builds, [fact].

The workmanship and craftsmanship that you put into your modifications, paint and artistry is truly amazing. All of your builds that I've seen are typically far beyond levels that I have the time or motivation to achieve. In that, it's easy to see why Kevin respects you so much.

So, keep up the GREAT work and I hope to see you again next year at the NNL West.

true good point biggs but hay if it works we might be on to somethin

i personally dont want to tread on the hot rods,lead sleds,donks,trucks,etc

i think ive treaded on to many people already so maybe it will be a good idea to seperate the types up

gregg theres an idea for you if you are listining

Kevin,

Thanks for the apology that you posted on one of the other threads. Now it's time for us to move on and get back to building. Period.

Anthony,

I've seen several of your builds at the various model shows and contests. While I don't always like the subject matter that you chose to build, [personal preference/opinion], I've always been impressed with your skills and the finished results of your builds, [fact].

The workmanship and craftsmanship that you put into your modifications, paint and artistry is truly amazing. All of your builds that I've seen are typically far beyond levels that I have the time or motivation to achieve. In that, it's easy to see why Kevin respects you so much.

So, keep up the GREAT work and I hope to see you again next year at the NNL West.

Thanks Raul.

That means a lot to me. I like building a little bit of everything and add the same time and detail to all of my builds. But what stands out the most is what I love building the most (low riders) I think it’s the murals & paint that set them apart from all my other builds. And believe me they both get the same attention to detail and parts. I think to be a great builder you have to build everything. I my self think that is the only way to do it cause you get a little bit of everything, from top fuel or pro street you learn how to build great engines and from low riders you get these crazy paint jobs and from custom cars you learn how to do some outrageous fabrication work and so on. I did not get into this hobby for praise or attention I got into it for the love of the hobby and building plastic models. All that came with the job of being a good builder and helping out other builders when they asked some good questions or some bad one but either way the got my answer.

As for Kevin he is a good young man but like all of us when we where young men thought we where King Kong and could take on the world. But in due time we all found out the hard way that our elder’s where right most of the time and are here to help us and teach us the right way and never do anything to mislead us. We all got to get along here and understand that we are all like one big family here. But remember family do have their good time and bad times too and an occasional fights here and there. So in saying that and boring you all with this long letter I shall be going now.

Sincerely

Mr. Anthony Rios.

Edited by MR BIGGS

as they say on layitlow BIGGS has spoken

man all the words of wisdom and now he leaves

wait come back man

Im here my friend. Just do what you got to do , and keep on building. If you need help with something or just want to talk pm me.

So have we defined what a "lowrider" is? Everything I build (except for the gassers) are as low as I can get them without "Z"ing the frame!!

Would any of these qualify?

49Merc52-vi.jpgDSC04377-vi.jpg

57ChevyPickup10-vi.jpgDSC03861-vi.jpg

Later,

I don't think those would be defined as Low Riders. But they would be some clean ass show custom's. B)

Very nice build's bro. but don't quoat me on the Low Rider part they are your's and you can call them what you wan't.

Edited by MR BIGGS

SUP BIGGS......WE MEET AGAIN.

WHY DONT U POST UP A FEW OF UR BUILDS LIKE "THE OMEN" AND SHOW THEM WHATS UP.

AND A QUICK QUESTION....DOES THIS SITE RUN LIKE LAYITLOW?

THIS IS ALSO AN EXAMPLE OF A LOWRIDER

yeah but less lowriders and "rollers only topics running their mouths about being 4 time club of the whatever and anyone who doesnt care is a hater"

Edited by Lownslow

I don't those would be defined as Low Riders. But they would be some clean ass show custom's. B)

Very nice build's bro. but don't quoat me on the Low Rider part they are your's and you can call them what you wan't.

Yeah...that's what I thought...I actually call them pro-touring because they're built as serious road cars with high performance engines and suspension.

It looks like we have the experts here, let me sneek in a stupid question. Two or three years ago I hit the Lowrider Magazine show here in SD. What's up with the guys who remove the dash, steering and pedals and smooth all of that area?

Just wonderin'

Edited by samdiego

I have an eclectic taste for building. Here's my one and only lowrider to date. I was in a slump and my friend challenged me to build a lowrider to match the diecast lowrider bike I had on my workbench. I did have a ton of fun and tried a new technique for masking my first attempt at flames since returning to the hobby 4 years ago. The wheels are Hoppin' Hydros.

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

I have an eclectic taste for building. Here's my one and only lowrider to date. I was in a slump and my friend challenged me to build a lowrider to match the diecast lowrider bike I had on my workbench. I did have a ton of fun and tried a new technique for masking my first attempt at flames since returning to the hobby 4 years ago. The wheels are Hoppin' Hydros.

Great job. To answer your question that is a Lindberg 61 kit.

It looks like we have the experts here, let me sneek in a stupid question. Two or three years ago I hit the Lowrider Magazine show here in SD. What's up with the guys who remove the dash, steering and pedals and smooth all of that area?

Just wonderin'

you might be thinking of the stuff in the "radical custom" type of class. something like this maybe

0211lrm_orgullo06_zoom.jpg

az08IMG_6847.jpg