Model Cars Magazine Forum

I stumbled onto this forum several days ago when I got the bug to start building models again after several years and it was almost a decade before that..  Ive always had the interest in models going back to my childhood which Im sure most here had the same..  Ive built a few cars here and there and it eventually led to 1:1 scale cars..  :D  Anyways I am amazed by the talent a bunch of you guys have in building these models..  I am definitely a newbie novice and want to learn tips and tricks from others and maybe one of these days I will have 1/4 of the scale as some here..  Take care, Darrell

EDIT:  Not sure how but the pics got jumbled around..  Sorry

Some of my models:

69 Yenko I built with a lot of help from a family friend back when I was 11 or so, 55 Chevy I built back in 2013, 68 replica of my fathers L78 (now mine) that he bought new, a 67 Camaro my father built back in the late 60s early 70s and finally the one I am currently working on a 57 Nomad

DSC02939-1.jpg

IMG_1812-1.jpg

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_1813-1.jpg

Yenko model-1.jpg

IMG_1815-1.jpg

IMG_4557.JPG

Edited by cook_dw

And here are my full size cars that I play with also.

67 LeMans Blue SS/RS Camaro Clone I finished up summer of 2015, 68 Rallye Green L78 Camaro my father purchased new and is still all original and unrestored and 68 Matador Red 302 (Z28) Camaro that is next on the restoration list.  Thanks for looking, Darrell

68afterwax1_zps71920c92.jpg

IMG_1613.JPG-1_zpsccou0mmc.jpg

68 Z home 1_zpsz6tdizjd.jpg

IMG_1610-1_zpszepyiinl.jpg

Edited by cook_dw

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for info and just plain asking the guys / girls "how did you do that"

I just love that 67 LeMans Blue SS/RS Camaro, it's also so nice to just go outside or into the garage to take a look at the 1:1 car and measure up just to be sure.

Now I'm so lucky with green cars, three departed the road on me and the other a British Racing Green TR4 IRS got rid of it's engine through the hood on a race track day, the trip back on a rescue truck was not such a great trip as it also hit another truck and itself had to be rescued. 

You have a great time with the forum, all your models are great.

Rgds,

Foggy 2.