Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

WILL THEY MATCH OK

built a 1/25  scale  KENWORTH W900 - H.B. has a  car carrier [ single car ]  but it`s  1/24th scale  how would the  2 of these go together  would there be a BIG DIFFERENCE ???

The difference in scale is so small that it is not noticeable.  Look at the last post here by Matthew.

As Angel said, not noticeable at all, and here is the pic he was referring to from me in the other thread. 

Also, here are a couple pics I took for a thread about the differences between 1/24 and 1/25 scales. The tires in the pics are on a 1/24 scale tractor, and the blue trailer is a 1/24 scale Italeri container and the silver colored trailer is AMT's 1/25 scale livestock trailer. 

As you can see, there is not a very noticeable difference. Even over the length of trailers, I don't get all "Scale Nazi" over trailers, I was going to use the livestock trailer on this build, and now it has the Moebius 53' on it.

When I measured the tractor's frame in scale, it measured out to 38 feet in 1/24 scale, but it was as long as the 1/25 scale trailer, so there was actually 2 feet difference between the two scales, but it still "looks" right.  

• 2 weeks later...

As Angel said, not noticeable at all, and here is the pic he was referring to from me in the other thread. 

HPIM1526.jpg

Also, here are a couple pics I took for a thread about the differences between 1/24 and 1/25 scales. The tires in the pics are on a 1/24 scale tractor, and the blue trailer is a 1/24 scale Italeri container and the silver colored trailer is AMT's 1/25 scale livestock trailer. 

HPIM1962.jpg

HPIM1957.jpg

As you can see, there is not a very noticeable difference. Even over the length of trailers, I don't get all "Scale Nazi" over trailers, I was going to use the livestock trailer on this build, and now it has the Moebius 53' on it.

HPIM2891.jpg

HPIM4781_zpsl4d63xyt.jpg

When I measured the tractor's frame in scale, it measured out to 38 feet in 1/24 scale, but it was as long as the 1/25 scale trailer, so there was actually 2 feet difference between the two scales, but it still "looks" right.  

that is amazing. love the truck 

The Revell car carrier fits perfect with the 1/25 AMT tractors. I don't think this trailer was built to exactly 1/24. But the wheels and tires are.  I had my trailer displayed with the AMT Kenworth T600A and the trailer looked exactly right. But it just didn't fit the time period of the tractor. It also looked good with the other AMT tractors I've built like the Diamond REO, Peterbilt from the big stick wrecker, the Ford LN 8000, Mack DM 800 and the Chevy Bison. These days it is displayed with the Chevy Bison.

In fact I've never built a Revell Germany class 8 truck, I could never justify the price for them. When I can get two AMT kits for the same price I go with the AMT, But I think I will try the Revell snap trucks, since I'm in need of a couple tractor units.

that is amazing. love the truck 

Thank you. 

In fact I've never built a Revell Germany class 8 truck, I could never justify the price for them. When I can get two AMT kits for the same price I go with the AMT, But I think I will try the Revell snap trucks, since I'm in need of a couple tractor units.

You get what you pay for. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I have as many AMT trucks in my collection as I do Revell of Germany and also Italeri, but for an example, if I was given a choice of 2 AMT Kenworth W900 kits like the "Movin' On" kit or 1 Revell AG Kenworth W900, I would choose the Revell.