Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV Batmobile

Rider

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

great job, another thing you might think about tying. Is to go to you local auto parts store and buy I regular auto pin striping. The best is made by 3m

Thanks Edward. I have the 3m vinyl tape in my tool bag.  I use that it some times but I find the Tamiya tape cut down works great.

Very nice job done on your Batmobile. I made one a few years ago using the pre-painted body, and I still used 'bout 18 different colors for detailing. I really enjoyed checking the reference photos while building mine and detailing it.

Thank you HO. I have the deluxe kit as well, the detail photos will come in handy for sure. I was't aware there was a pre-painted body available. 

Perfect result

Perfect maybe and over the top word for this  but I do appreciate the kind word just the same thank you looking in, cheers. ?

• 1 year later...
On 2017-03-11 at 11:22 PM, crowe-t said:

Excellent Batmobile!  The NATO Black and the gold pearl really make it pop.  Nice subtle change with the paint.

Thanks man, I went with the NATO Black which is actuallly a dark green. When I built the movie car years ago when it was first released I read it was actually painted dark green in order to make it more photogenic. 

On 2017-03-12 at 9:13 AM, D. Battista said:

HOLY CUSTOM PAINT JOB....BATMAN...!!

Glad this came back up... I missed it first time around.

Outstanding job !!!    I really like what you did with the paint.....I never thought about how you could make the Batmobile better... but you did just that...!

Wholly lack of response from me, some how I missed the following posts. Thanks very much for the  kind words.

On 2017-03-12 at 9:26 AM, DumpyDan said:

This looks great, the orange strips look good to me........I like it!

Thanks Dan, I appreciate Dan the man! 

On 2017-03-12 at 10:03 AM, vintagercr said:

Best batmobile ever

Thanks dude.

I appolgize for the late response. Not sure how I missed these. 

Edited by Rider