Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '70 Superbird

Xingu

I'm a bit confused here - I thought that the Daytona was a one year only car (1969).  If that's the case how are there 1970 models?

I have read as you posted earlier that 1969 500s and Daytonas did NOT have a vinyl top as an option.

Perhaps 1969s with vinyl tops are the result of post delivery modifications?

Record keeping for the 1969 Daytonas is not apparently very good.  There appears to be no consensus as to how many were even made and in what configurations.

The 1969s are Dodges, the 1970s are Plymouths

I used the same technique to paint the vinyl roof on the 68'galaxie i'm doing,except i used Tamiya Matt Black,i noticed that you didn't mask off the chrome trim for the roof,how are you going to get Bmf to stick to a bumpy surface?.

The area where the trim is, is still fairly smooth. The BMF should burnish down well enough. If it does not work well, I will have learned another lesson.

The 1969s are Dodges, the 1970s are Plymouths

Yes, but in addition to that Raoul seems to be saying that there are some (disputed?) 1970 Daytonas...

For my money, anything claiming to be a 1970 Daytona is probably a stock 1970 Charger with 1969 post delivery add ons - someone may have gotten a hold of the 1969 Daytona nose cone and spoiler and slapped it on to a stock 1970 Charger and viola you have a "1970 Daytona Charger".

Edited by showrods

Yes, but in addition to that Raoul seems to be saying that there are some (disputed?) 1970 Daytonas...

For my money, anything claiming to be a 1970 Daytona is probably a stock 1970 Charger with 1969 post delivery add ons - someone may have gotten a hold of the 1969 Daytona nose cone and spoiler and slapped it on to a stock 1970 Charger and viola you have a "1970 Daytona Charger".

Did they do the flush rear window, too?