Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just got home from the April 20th get together and would like to spend a moment to thank all those who gave of their time, and with the price of gas, the expense, to attend.

It was an extreme pleasure to meet and be able to put a face with the guys that have been so helpful to me in getting back into this wonderful hobby. Seeing your work up close was a real treat.

Thanks again,

Milt

Just got home from the April 20th get together and would like to spend a moment to thank all those who gave of their time, and with the price of gas, the expense, to attend.

It was an extreme pleasure to meet and be able to put a face with the guys that have been so helpful to me in getting back into this wonderful hobby. Seeing your work up close was a real treat.

Thanks again,

Milt

Thank you, Milt!! What a GREAT idea!! And the food was good, too!! Since this was more about new and old friends getting together to show and talk about models, here's the people first.

L-to-R is: Milt "NNL" Meyer (M408), and Randy Vandraiss.

DSC04545-vi.jpg

L-to-R is: Ron Garbez (Ronster), Brian Soderstrum (Bsoder) and Jerry Cardinal (dontgobrassit).

DSC04546-vi.jpg

L-to-R is: Bill Just (jbwelda) and Curt Raitz (curt raitz)

DSC04547-vi.jpg

Pictured is Brendan Howden (Brendan)

DSC04548-vi.jpg

Michael Stoneman (Roadkill2525) came a bit late and avoided getting his picture taken, but I did get a couple of pictures of his current builds, the Monte Carlo, the Chevy S10 cab...

DSC04540-vi.jpg

...and, his Integra and his Civic.

DSC04541-vi.jpg

I guess I screwed that one up... I went to Frankie, Johnny and LUIGIs pizzeria, in the same shopping center! Let me know if you plan on doing it again.

I almost ended up there myself...luckily called Raul and got starightened out (CRS is settin' in)

enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing the old farts i already know

lookin' forward to the next "get together"

toodles...

I guess I screwed that one up... I went to Frankie, Johnny and LUIGIs pizzeria, in the same shopping center! Let me know if you plan on doing it again.

I almost ended up there myself...luckily called Raul and got starightened out (CRS is settin' in)

enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing the old farts i already know

lookin' forward to the next "get together"

toodles...

I was wondering what happened to you...you were the only one that didn't make it. Oh well, we'll catch you next time!

man i look like i got a big mouth full of pizza in that pic!!!

thanks for putting this on Milt, I had a blast coming out there and talking to everyone there, and going to D&Js afterward! i dont get to the south bay often so it was fun just being in the area too!

some very nice models on display and some good people in attendance!

theres another "Luigi's" pizza parlor in the same shopping center? man thats a strange coincidence!

thanks for everyone coming out and special thanks to Raul for the ride from Tracy.

man i look like i got a big mouth full of pizza in that pic!!!

thanks for putting this on Milt, I had a blast coming out there and talking to everyone there, and going to D&Js afterward! i dont get to the south bay often so it was fun just being in the area too!

some very nice models on display and some good people in attendance!

theres another "Luigi's" pizza parlor in the same shopping center? man thats a strange coincidence!

thanks for everyone coming out and special thanks to Raul for the ride from Tracy.

Nope, Luigi's is the only one. Frankie, Johnny & Luigi's is miles away in another shopping center.

:D Anyone up for doing it again late this summer? Maybe late July or early August. That will give everyone time to finish some new stuff. ;) If so, let me know and I'll get things started.

Sounds good to me, Milt...as long as you don't bring another DONK kit and rig the "raffle" so that I win it! :lol:

Yes, I'll mail it to Kevin this week. He wants it.

Thanks,

awwwwwwwwwwwww he looks so let down

i guess he dont like donks

just messin with you raul ;)

It was rigged!! Milt went into this whole "whoever wins the next prize has to build it and post step-by-step pics on the forum..." routine. I knew I was in trouble before he even called my name!! :lol: I was setup from the start!! :P

You'll get it in the mail later this week...so, even though you couldn't make it, you're the grand prize winner!! :D

It was rigged!! Milt went into this whole "whoever wins the next prize has to build it and post step-by-step pics on the forum..." routine. I knew I was in trouble before he even called my name!! ;) I was setup from the start!! :angry:

You'll get it in the mail later this week...so, even though you couldn't make it, you're the grand prize winner!! ;)

heck ya i finally get a prize and didnt even go to the contest LOL

yo but for real get it closer to so-cal

its ethier so cal or NO cal LOL

It was rigged!! Milt went into this whole "whoever wins the next prize has to build it and post step-by-step pics on the forum..." routine. I knew I was in trouble before he even called my name!! ;) I was setup from the start!! ;)

You'll get it in the mail later this week...so, even though you couldn't make it, you're the grand prize winner!! ;)

"rigged"? ;):angry::P:huh:

"rigged"? ;);):angry:;)

Look at our old pal Milt taking the "who, me?" stance on this one...That's OK, you know what the say about paybacks! ;)

It'll take me a little while, but I'll find just the perfect kit or PE set for you to "win" at the next event... :P

Edited by Raul_Perez