Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Boss

Yes! Open it! There have been several now that have two hoods and no cab in the box! Out of the four kits I bought, two of them were this way!

image.jpeg

That's just perfect! Another screw up from these model companies. In a rush to get these out, and no quality personnel in sight. Guess I know what im doin as soon as these show up at my door.

Yes! Open it! There have been several now that have two hoods and no cab in the box! Out of the four kits I bought, two of them were this way!

image.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up.I hope it is ok,the other kit on the shelf and was cruched and I wont buy a kit with that much trauma to the box.

Uh Oh.....I almost bought one of those at Hobby Lobby, yesterday.....Hmmmm.....I wonder if I should do it anyway....That hood could be used for a number of different projects that just popped into my head......I'm sure AMT will have parts for the asking....Now that I know this, I think I'll just order it from http://plastic-models.com ......

Uh Oh.....I almost bought one of those at Hobby Lobby, yesterday.....Hmmmm.....I wonder if I should do it anyway....That hood could be used for a number of different projects that just popped into my head......I'm sure AMT will have parts for the asking....Now that I know this, I think I'll just order it from http://plastic-models.com ......

I bought one from Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago and it was fine. Although I wouldn't have minded if it had another hood or no cab, because I bought that one for the engine anyway!:lol:

I've bought three so far at Hobby Lobby and all of mine are fine, maybe they got a different batch from the ones that are messed up. Ben, you got yours from Tower, right?

Yep, mine all came from Tower Hobbies.

"short shot" means that not enough plastic was injected into the mold so that particular part is missing a small portion of it.

Ok, that's pretty much what I thought. I picked one of these up at HL yesterday and it looks fine. I do wish there were better details around painting and decaling the body.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if AMT will be rereleasing the hideout trucks? I haven't seen any online, and I know they don't usually go cheap either. I paid quite a bit for the Papa Bear truck already, just curious.

End of the year...supposedly. Everyone is hoping for both decal sheets for both trucks, in one kit. I doubt it.

End of the year...supposedly. Everyone is hoping for both decal sheets for both trucks, in one kit. I doubt it.

I don't know Clayton, but I thought other than the Papa Truck scheduled for release in December, I thought I heard the Hideout Truck and the Bandag Bandit were supposed to be reissued next year.