Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Impala Non-SS barebones cruiser

mademan

Been doing a bit of work on another project, 67 Impala with all SS trim shaved. I still need to add the lower belt chrome and vinyl top chrome. I wanted a more Yellow gold, like Granada gold.... however my airbrush compressor went out and I am wanting to wrap up the build by the end of the month ( club build off).... so I settled for a can of '67 SierraFawn gold that it had for a while..... its actually way off, lol. I also made a split bench.

I also added the i6 from a trumpeter Nova kit ( while not totally correct, its convincing) Ive done a bit of weathering on the chassis and frame as well as the engine, I just want it to be a fairly stock looking , mabey lowered a bit on either cragars and thin whites, or stock hubcaps.

the frame is open and hollow... so I filled it all in before painting and weathering

split bench made using a stock rear seat, and some sheet styrene

shaved lower trim, and fender badges. filled low spots/sink marks and shaved all mold lines.

the car will have a black vinyl top. and black interior.

In the background are 2 of my other 67 Impala projects, a Nassau blue 67 SS, and a weathered "barn find' patina'd sleeper with a 6" outlaw cowl, which will feature a twin turbo LSx from clearly scale.

IMG_9354_zpsdw8b0xog.jpg

also her is my 1:1 SuperSport... which I guess is why I have an obsession with building scale models.

Edited by mademan

• 1 month later...

Very nice work so far! I built one of these kits myself as well and it was a lot of fun. Nice to see a bit different build being made in here. I like the engine and bench seat. Nice bodywork too. I'm interested in seeing more of this!