Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adios Mother

gtx6970

I've had this on the bench for nearly a year sitting in primer.  Its one of those kits I built as a kid . And when it got re-issued a few years ago I snapped a few of them up for old times sake.

With the nice weather around here this week it seemed like a good time to get it in color. Paint is the same as on my daughters 04 Neon, called Solar Yellow. In bright sunlight it has a a very small amount of a pearl look to it. And I thought it would fit the bill quite nicely. This will be a quick fall build to relieve my yuth ( lets see who gets that )

Thanks for looking

55rear.jpg

55right.jpg

Nice build.I have a "Adios Mother" decal on the back of a four wheel drive chev pickup kit I build years,an years,an years ago.it says adios mother on the back of the tail gate.I wanted to rebuild it,but couldn't remember where the decal can from.so thank you for your subject title cause it caught my my eye.now I feel configent to strip it a re build it now.thank you...and yes I have kits just to relive youth..some I may never build...there to difficult to find.fun build you have going.lookin good.......Chris

Never would have guessed that was a Neon color but it does look great on your Chevy..

Yep, on her car out in the sun its a very in your face bold yellow. And its not a real common color on the 1/1's . Unfortunately  It just doesn't have quite the same effect indoors and on a model car. But I had it here so I decided to use it . (i'm looking for one of the old Neon promos to repaint for her to put on her shelf )

This is going to be a quickie  all box stock to get me back in the saddle so to speak . I might try to get the interior painted today ( gonna be black and yellow )  

Megns-neon.jpg